Monday, July 20, 2009

A fashion master in the making

Owen is four.... and very good at it.

He is all over the independence thing, and making his own decisions.

Today's soap box for him was that he was old enough to get himself completely dressed. And to a point, he really is. But, to a point, he really ISN'T.

Here is his outfit of choice....keep in mind we are having 95 degree weather lately...that adds to the humor of it all!
Note the long sleeve shirt - it is one of his favorites, and even though it is dark colors and long sleeved, he wanted to wear it because, "that way my top half won't get too cold in the car."
Next we go down to his shorts; out of which you can see his swim trunks sticking out. That way, "if someone asks me to go swimming, then I will be ready." Simple enough logic, right?!
Follow his brown little legs down and you will see his choice in footwear. He really wanted to wear the blue sandals, but could only find one, so he put that one on and then put the brown shoe on the other foot. And if that weren't enough, the brown shoe is on the wrong foot! I asked him to go switch his brown shoe, but he just looked at me like I had lost my mind and said he couldn't change it "because his left foot already had a shoe on." I refrained from telling him that he could have just gotten the brown shoe for his right foot, for fear of what four-year-old logic would follow!

And for those of you who noticed that our svelte, little man had an unnatural-looking 6 pack, looking at the neck of his shirt you will see his blanket hiding under his shirt. Blankie isn't supposed to leave his bedroom, and apparently today she (yes, Blankie is a girl, I'm not sure why it's that way or how he knows, but she IS a she!) wanted to go grocery shopping with us. I told him that she was going to have to stay in the hot, sweaty car while we were in the stores, but according to him, "she wouldn't mind because she likes taking a nap in the car when we aren't there."
So that is how he walked out of the house. I gave him the chance to go change any and/or all of his attire, but he refused. He had put it all together, and had his reasons for everything, so it all stayed!

4 comments:

Klin said...

He does make some logical points. ;)

I love the shoe choices. Just in case his one foot gets too cold he can trade off and at least one foot will be comfortable.

Owen cracks me up.

Unknown said...

You can't argue with his logic, what creative thinking. He's such a cutie.

Nikki said...

Fantastic!! (I'm wearing something similar right now...)

Kelly said...

I love it! He shouldn't change a thing!