Tuesday, February 7, 2012

And we're back!!

Phew... that was a long time of not being electronically connected! Our house was wired for internet, but it took Scott's rewiring and house fixing know-how to switch the jacks to be internet compatible and ready. But he did it in a couple key rooms in the house and now we are back on-line and the kids and I are thrilled! It is really late already, so I really should be asleep by now, but I wanted to send out a quick blog before bed. It's just a teaser blog about our new house and what we've been up to since we have been digitally challenged for so long!

We are down to having only about 2-3 more boxes in the house that need to be unpacked, but the garage is another story. I don't know where we put all this stuff in our last house because everything fits so perfectly here in this one and this one is almost three times as big as our old house. We are loving the openness and the space everywhere. We've been having some great games of hide and go seek!

We haven't painted any walls yet, so everything is still that builder's favorite beige, but we have added some fun here and there. I'll post more pictures once I get the rooms situated a little better, but here are some shots of the schoolroom - at least the windows of it! Scott didn't like the French doors and this was our solution: Polka dots! Don't they make you smile?!!!
When the sun shines through the window, the walls, floors, and ceiling get painted with beautiful blue polka dots! And from the outside, the dots on the window look like lovely blue bubbles. Teagan is in love with polka dots right now and so our school room dots make her really happy!
The intense snow storm that his here a couple of weeks ago has melted into beautiful weather. The sun comes out almost everyday and even though the highs are generally only around the high 40's, the kids are wearing short sleeves and we are venturing outside more and more. We found a great park in the next town over and spent three hours there on Saturday!
On the way home we drove by two bald eagles that were just dancing in the sky above us. There is a lake near us where the eagles spend their winters and right now there are more than a hundred hanging out. We are trying to get the exact location of it so we can go check it out before they leave in the spring. I didn't get a great shot of them since we were driving in the car, but I was excited all the same!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love the window and I just have to add that flying bald eagles are some of my most favorite things in the whole wide world to watch. Glad you are enjoying your home!