Duncan is a great sleeper.
He goes to bed at 7:30 pm and will stay in bed until 7:00 the next morning. His actual wake up time is somewhere around 5:30 or 6, but then he stays in his crib chatting with his stuffed animals and entertaining himself. He loves playing alone.
He also loves company.
Occasionally Emmett will wake up before I do. The first thing on Emmett's mind when he wakes up is changing into day clothes. Or as he puts it, dressing up.
Unfortunately that sometimes means that Emmett and Duncan are both awake before I am, which only leads to trouble!
One such morning happened at the beginning of February and the two boys played quietly in the nursery room for a while before I woke up and heard the giggling and laughing and other various noises of enjoyment filtering through their closed door, across the hallway, through my door, and into my room.
When I went to investigate the cause of the giggling this is what I found:
A ghostly white baby covered in sticky, powdery whiteness still in his crib while his big brother grinned at me from the floor below.
I asked Emme what was going on and he looked at me innocently and said they were playing barnyard. Simple as that. No explanation as to what was on his baby brother or why it was on him or how it had gotten on him. Just that they were playing barnyard.
He said that Duncan's crib was the barn and that Duncan was the little duck inside it. He also reassured me that everything was okay and that he had made sure he didn't get anything in Duncan's eyes.
Poor Duncan, who already hates baths as it is, hated having the sticky, clumpy mess washed off of him. The water running off his head was a white gravy-like consistency...but on the up side, the bath water and their bedroom smelled wonderful!
Emme, who loves baths and everything water related, thoroughly enjoyed this morning treat - first he got to play with his brother for a little undisturbed while and then he got to take an early norming bath...what a great way to start the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment