Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Haircuts for the boys


Okay, so both of the boys were beginning to have this serious California surfer dude, gone long hair style and it was time for a trim this week. They both love the "bowl cut" that they usually keep, but it has been so hot this summer that Garrett has been sweating his weight off every day through his head alone! So I convinced him to let me cut it in a "boy cut" as he calls it. I had intended to just trim Owen's because the bowl cut looks so cute on him and he still has that baby fune hair that is so fun to run your fingers through. But, after seing big brother get all his hair chopped, Owen decided he wanted to "be bald like Uncle Erick"! And for those of you who don't know his Uncle Erick, he shaves his head bald - like with a razor, to the scalp, smooth as a babies bottom. That kind of bald. I wasn't about to do that to my 3 year old! I put the razor on the next to the lowest setting and told Owen it was an "almost bald" cut, but that I had to leave some hair on so his ouchie would still be protected from the sun a bit. He bought it, and I ended up leaving his bangs a bit long to give him a style other than "almost bald". Scott thinks he looks like a punk now, but he sort of is a three-year-old punk, so it is a bit fitting! It isn't styled in the picture, he had just gotten out of the bath, but it looks really "fly" when we wave his bangs over to the side with gel - he's the coolest little thing in Sunbeans!

I think they look so handsome, but I do miss Owen's silky blonde locks! They made a mess in the kitchen with all the hair that I chopped off - it swept up into a nice big pile. Garrett's was about 4 1/2" long and Owen's was about 3" that I chopped off.

2 comments:

Leatha said...

So cute! I love it! I'd miss Owen's hair too, but it does look adorable like this. And Garrett looks so grown up!

John and Jamie said...

Very cute hair cuts. They both look like they are al ot older now. Very sweet.