Saturday, March 7, 2009

Field trip to Discovery Museum

Yesterday was a big field trip up to Salt Lake to visit the Discovery Children's museum. The kids absolutely love this place, and so do I! I do wish it were closer to where we live, I would love to get annual passes and go more often! We make one trip a year to go and play, and this year we went with our home school group (which made it significantly cheaper, I might add!) and we had a ball yet again!

Here are some collages of some of the activities we did while there. You can click on the photo collage to make it bigger to see the pictures closer up.








They were celebrating Dr. Suess's birthday being this past Monday, and we left there with each of the kids having a new Dr. Suess book in hand. It was wonderful! Teagan loved the store area, and the upstairs newsroom. Owen would have spent all his time at the water area if I would have let him. Garrett loved the helicopter outside and the construction area downstairs. And Emmett, well, he loved the lights and that was about it for him. There are all sorts of hands on activities, science experiments, a stage with costumes and mini scripts for 5 minute plays... and everything is educational, so I love it!!

2 comments:

John and Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I know the kids had to have enjoyed them self. I love looking at all your pictures. You have such a sweet family.

Leatha said...

Isn't it such a marvelous place? I have said to Marei so many times I wish we lived close enough to justify an annual pass. And I LOVE Dr. Suess! I love all your pictures. Teagan is such a great big sister.