Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Morning Goofiness

This year our church doesn't start until 11:30 in the morning, which leaves a great deal of time in the morning for us to have a nice, slow-paced breakfast, get showered, dressed, church bags ready, and then still have plenty of time for the Sunday morning silliness to set in. This later church, in my mind, is awful - it falls right at lunch and naptime, so it is a really difficult time for Owen, and there is so much waiting time in the morning that I have to fill for the kids to keep them clean, calm, and in the Sunday frame of mind. But, it only lasts for a year and then we will be back at the early time again, so I just go along with it and deal with it as well as we can.
So after our breakfast of Sunday cinnamon rolls each Sunday, I sit down at the computer to do all my church reports, and the kids inevitably swarm around me and cause some sort of hysterics...sometimes the good kind, some time the not so good kind!
Yesterday it was the good kind. It started out with just Owen being my shadow making me laugh, and them the other two joined him and the giggles really started. So we played a bit, took some pictures, and laughed together at ourselves in the pictures. I deleted the craziest and blurriest of them, but some did turn out nice enough to post.

One of needs a tan...and some lipstick.

Owen grinning before getting his tie on.

My blue-eyed beauty with wet hair

The three being silly together

And the silliness continues...piggy-backing a piggy-backer.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Cuteness! What adorable (sillybilly) kiddies you have!

And you have an envelope for me? Really?? A whole envelope of my own? I only have English envelopes; it will be good to have one from home! You can mail it whenever you'd like, we don't move till next month so I'll definitely get it!

Love to you all!! xoxo

Leatha said...

They are so adorable! I love silliness, especially little kid silliness.
Aaah! The horror of 11:30 church! (Shudder) I'm pretty certain we'll have 2 cranky kids nearly every Sunday of 2009 after we get back.

Klin said...

I've come to the conclusion that there is NO good time to have church with young kids. It's either morning snack or nap time. Lunch or nap time. Afternoon snack or nap time.

So I just learned to be patient with my kids and everyone elses. I love the later time, cause I'm a sleeper-in-er.

Love your beautiful and silly children.