This blogging world is such a strange place. People you have never met, and will probably never meet can become some of your dearest friends and you can learn some of life's greatest lesson from them with them ever knowing.
While browsing on a friend's blog one day I "met" Myah. She is a young, single mom to a very wonderful and special girl named Faith Hope. I have been following her blog for a couple months now and their story has touched me and has helped me realize how wonderful my life and my situations really are. Little Faith was born with a condition known as anecephaly, which is basically being born with little to no brain. She was given a 0% chance of surviving after birth, and most babies who have this condition are either stillborn or die shortly after being born. Myah was given the option of terminating the pregnancy at 19 weeks, but chose to carry Faith to term and love her for her whole life, however short it might be.
Well, despite all expectations, Faith did survive being born and was a healthy baby - beside the fact of her anecephaly and the accompanying side effects that it usually brings. Myah brough Faith home and spent as much time with her as she could, not knowing how long they would have together. She posted pictures and videos of her and Faith a couple of times a week; chronicling Faith's amazing life and the love she had for her precious little girl.
Faith put on weight and some baby fluff, made cooing noises, startled to sound and touch, sucked on a pacifier, smiled... some of these things perplexed the doctors as why she was still living and responding this way.
This morning she posted for Faith's 13 weeks and 2 days post asking for faith and prayers for little Faithy because she had developed some bleeding stomach ulcers and bloating from some of her medicines. And then later this evening she posted announcing that Faith had passed away just before 5 pm and had gone back up to heaven where she came from....
This lady who I have never met, and her angel baby who spent 93 short days here on earth have had a tremendous impact on my life. Each time I hold Emmett, I thank Heavenly Father for his perfectly plump little self. That I am not counting the days he is here with me knowing that each day could be his last. When I kiss his little head I think of Faith, who didn't have a complete skull, and I am thankful that none of my babies or my nieces and nephews were asked to come to earth with any severe problems. I wasn't unaware of these blessings before Faith and Myah became part of my life, but since meeting them, I think that I am now super-aware of my blessings.
And it is weird to be posting something like this, but I felt like I needed to mourn the loss of one of my littlest friends tonight by sharing her life with some of my other friends. So as you read this, send a quick prayer up for Myah and Faith, who are now separated for a just a little bit. And then think of your families and those you love who aren't facing 0% chance of success and be grateful for being able to have hope in your lives.
Her blog is http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com/ for anyone who would like to go see her.
1 comment:
I met a gal blogging and 6 weeks a go she met and said goodbye to her Isaac. She had 70 minutes with him. I, too, felt gratitude for never having had to do this task for the Lord. I can't even imagine how hard it would be.
Post a Comment