Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ahhh, to breathe again! Now if the heat could get turned off...

Our talks are over, everyone survived, and Emmy has been under 103 for almost 6 hours now! Deep breaths all around!

He does now have a runny nose that won't stop and a yucky cough, but he hasn't been melting his brain cells for a good bit of time, so I'm calling it a good day! Tig stayed home with him while Daddy and I gave our talks and then I switched places with her so she could go to classes (because she has phenomenal teachers who she just adores and only has another two months with before she turns 12 and leaves their class and doesn't want to miss one moment with them).

Emmy slept a lot today, which didn't help with his fever too much, but probably helped fight whatever germ he's infested with now. I still don't know if the fever was cycle related or this bug that hit him yesterday... maybe it was both, started out as a fever cycle and while his immune system was shaky this bug took hold... who knows. He's under 103 right now and I am thrilled.

Now, we are getting ready to go to bed again and his fever likes to spike at night, so we'll see what tonight brings. I gave him some Tylenol last night when he got up to 105 and was completely miserable, and I'll keep it on hand again tonight, but my fingers are crossed that we don't have to use it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Hey Sweetie, I hope Emmett is feeling better by now. I love reading about your family, but could we do something about the health postings? I worry about you guys. I was thinking that maybe what you all need is a week at a resort in Phoenix sometime. If we could coordinate our schedules (when the place isn't rented out) you guys could go there and use it just to get away from it all. Right now we have it booked for the last half of March and all of April, but that's it. I know Jennifer would agree with me that you guys would be more than welcome to go down and use the place. If it's something you'd like to think about and get back to me on that's fine. I would only advise you to do it quickly as often we get inquiries daily on it's availability. We'd be happy to block some time for family. Hang in there guys...you're doing great. Love Always, Dad.