We have a rule around our house: If it gets quiet, find Emmett, he's probably doing something he shouldn't.
It happened again today.
We were sitting in the school room doing school when we first noticed the silence.
When we found Emmett, he was in my bathroom with his daddy's electric razor. He said he was trying to make a window to his brain. Well, that makes sense, right?
So we drew what it would look like. A little window with all kinds of gears churning around.He got in trouble for shaving his head, and since he went down to the scalp, I can't really find a way to blend it in, so it's just going to stay that way until the hair grown in enough to blend in. I think I'll fill in the hole with some brown eye shadow or eye liner on Sunday though - either that or I will draw some cool stitches to make it seem like he has a manly scar there!
The part that he got most in trouble for was not for shaving his own head - he had done that to himself and had what he thought was solid reasoning. He got in trouble when he said - "Duncan's hair was too hard to cut." He realized he couldn't see his own brain, so he was trying to find Duncan's! Thanks goodness for silky, fine baby hair that wouldn't get buzzed off easily!
No comments:
Post a Comment