Sunday, January 27, 2013

Done with sick!

We have had a really yucky respiratory bug traveling through the family the past couple of weeks. Well, some of us have had it for about 5 weeks now. And we are so done with it!

We have missed church, missed fun activities, taken off school, done school laying in bed, been breathing albuterol treatments a couple of times a day; being sick stinks!

Teagan finally decided she was DONE with being sick, and here is the proof. She woke up and decided it was a mind over matter thing. I was in the school room printing off things for the lesson today at church when I heard a fairly unfamiliar noise coming from my bathroom. I knew what it was, but couldn't believe my ears. So I grabbed my camera and snuck into my room to take photographic evidence of what was taking place in my bathroom...
I had actually caught Teagan blow drying her hair!!! This is a girl who has been known to break down in tears when told to use the blow dryer! She has this mortal aversion to the hair dryer that defies all logic and reason. She will barely even use it for crafts or anything else; but asking her to use it on her hair is like asking her to cut off her own arm. It is the most unthinkable thing I can ask her to do. And here she as doing it on her own fruition!
 
As soon as she saw me snap a picture she started threatening me, but it was too late; she'd been seen!

 Needless to say, I let her go to church. I knew she wasn't contagious anymore but was just feeling worn down, and if she was willing to blow dry her hair, who was I to stop her?


Miracles can happen! I might not see her with a blow dryer in her hand for another 13 years, but I did today!

No comments: