Her first year we did about 16 rows and put three same colored beads on the end of each braid in one of the eight young women's value colors (white, blue, red, green, orange, yellow, purple, and gold) and alternated through the values. It looked pretty cool, if I do say so myself!
Then last year I wanted to try something new out and spice life up bit, so I opted to leave the beads off and we made 8 rows and I braided the value colors into the braid (http://ourownpieceofheaven.blogspot.com/2012/07/worth-fighting-for.html)
It came out looking wonderful!
So, keeping up with the goal of doing different rows each year, this year we decided to do crisscross rows and have 8 rows again. I like the way it looks, but I think if I would have added the ribbons like last year, then you would be able to see the cool crisscrossing better.
It was looking a little boring to me, so we added a flower to then end of each one in all of the value colors. Teagan liked the way it turned out, so I guess all's well that ends well!
I love when she is happy, it shows all over her but especially those gorgeous blue eyes of hers!This year' camp theme was Princesses, and her year in camp were given Ariel (The Little Mermaid) as their spokes-princess. I told her her eight braids were like octopus tentacles; she didn't like that a whole lot. The flowers helped make them not look like tentacles anymore :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment