Tomorrow morning I drop Teagan off for a week long girl's camp. This will be her second year going and she is so excited. I loved going when I was a teenager, and she seems to be following in my footsteps in her love of church Girl's Camp.
This year, their theme is Worth Fighting For. As in, learning what is worth fighting for. Family. Freedom. The Gospel. Their values and beliefs. Themselves. Her age group was assigned to be the air force and they are doing a whole military dog tags, camo backpacks, and morning drills type of fun. I'm excited to hear how the week went when she gets home next weekend!
In prep for her week away, we did our traditional corn row hair style. My mom used to do my hair this way when I was younger and I always loved it, and it has become one of Tig's favorite styles as well. Last year we did fun little beads on the bottom of all the tiny braids, but this year we made fatter braids and added a ribbon for each of the values that the young women learn about in church.
White = Faith
Blue = Divine Nature
Red = Individual Worth
Green = Knowledge
Orange = Choice and Accountability
Yellow = Good Works
Purple = Integrity
Gold = Virtue
I loved the way they turned out! Not only are the functional to keep her hair tangle free and critter clear, but they are also pretty reminders of the values she stands for!
I'm not worried about her while she will be away from us, but I do worry about her little buddy. He is going to miss his Tiggy a lot.
As I was taking these pictures he said her name for the first time and she was so ecstatic about it! I wish I had caught her happy dance on video, it was that great. But here is a snapshot of what it looked like:
1 comment:
I love her hair! And I love her happy face - so pretty!!
(Yay for Girl's Camp! I wish we had it over here, I miss it!)
Post a Comment