Thursday, July 12, 2012

My summer job

I've had some really cool jobs in my life.

Jobs like working with the LPGA and being trusted with the Tiffany's crystal trophy.

 Working at the zoo and learning great facts such as that a Rhino pees backwards. (first hand experience on this one)

And I've even worked at the hospital and stood in on C-sections and ER surgeries.


I seem to be drawn to really interesting work experiences.

This summer I had another cool job.
I worked at Scholastic book sales. And because of past experience I had working at the Special Olympics, I got to look like this for a couple hours and get paid double...
Oh yeah. I was Clifford.

Not only did I get to walk around downtown dressed like a famous cartoon pooch dancing like a crazy woman, waving at complete strangers, and scaring small children; but they paid me in BOOKS to do it!!! How awesome is that? (I did get 43 people to wave at me from cars, hugs from three people, made one little girl cry, and passed out 27 flyers. So it was a job well done) 

The kids have gotten books for rewards, books for trip incentives, and guess what they're getting for Christmas?

hint: it starts with a 'B' and rhymes with looks

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That must have been so much fun! And getting paid in books? Dream job!!