Monday, July 2, 2012

sleeps seven

Our new house is absolutely wonderful. I am loving all the room we have everywhere.

Whereas, in the boys' old room, the one bunkbed filled their room to almost bursting, here, both the bunkbed and the full size loft bed fit comfortably. So now Garrett has the full size mattress as his and Owen has the bunkbeds. He likes to sleep on the bottom bunk though because it is closer to the nightlight; so the top bunk generally goes empty.


But as if it weren't enough to have one bed that was going unused in that room, for the past month both boys have taken to sleeping somewhere other than their perfectly comfortable beds. Their cool mommy set up a three man tent under the loft bed. How awesome is that?! I got serious 'Cool Mommy' points for that!


So now the big boys' room has a sleeping capacity of seven; even though only two little boys live there. You never know when five more boys might appear out of nowhere looking for a place to crash for the night.

Each night before crawling into his sleeping bag, Owen does pull ups to wear himself out. He can do about 10 before stopping...not too bad.
 We also painted their room last week: two walls are a dark bluey color and two are a light bluey/greeny color. The boys love it and so do I. While painting it I realized that color makes me happy.

Getting to sleep in the tent night after night makes my boys happy; and I already knew that them being happy makes me really happy!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You are such a cool mommy for letting the boys sleep in a tent! I love it!!