Okay, so I stole this list off my friend's blog - She thinks she is dying (one of those head colds that makes you feel like you are at death's door!)and so she posted this list (which she stole from another friend, so it is okay that I stole it from her)to help her put her life in perspective! I don't know if it's things to do before you die, or just things to do in your life, but it was really fun to read through her list and see what a cool life she has led already. Although the fact that she lives in England and has toured many countries helped her be able to cross off a lot more than I will be able to! (One day I will get a stamp in my empty passport!) I copied her idea and have bolded the things I've done and italicized the things I want to do - anyone is welcome to copy it for themselves and continue this trail of blogging! It is a long list, but it is fun all the same, and it is blog entry that doesn't take a whole lot of thought to compose!
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby’s diaper (more times than I could count!)
5. Watched a meteor shower (this is one of my favorite sights!)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula (and once was more than enough!)
10. Said “I love you” and meant it (I have a great hubby and 3 kids so I say it all the time, everyday, and honestly mean every syllable!)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game (and had my date leave with another girl from it... yeah, this was a great memory to recall!)
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (I just made a batch of homemade salsa last night as a matter of fact! Mmm, yummy!)
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (They are called "Mental Health Days")
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (not anytime recently!)
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (we went to the Mayan ruins in Mexico for our honeymoon)
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time (again, I'm a full-time mom!)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing (I've been indoorrock climbing, does that count?)
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight (I was thinner in high school, but strong, so it wasn't hard to bench press 90lbs!)
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files (and my movies, and books, and my...this is one of many reasons why Scott calls me "quirky")
48. Worn a superhero costume (I wear the boys' superman cape when I am having a stressful day ~ it makes me realize that I shouldn't take life too seriously and it gives the kids a head up that mommy is having rough day! It really works, you should try it! You can'thelp but be in a lighter mood.)
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day (only when I was REALLY sick or after knee surgeries!)
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud (I was a serious tomboy as a kid! We ran around the underground sewer drains in our neighborhood for the ultimate game of hide and seek!)
54. Gone to a drive-in-theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don’t (I was married by the time I turned 20 and never regretted it!)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (I was a brown belt in Tai Kwan Do as a kid)
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch (at least once every couple of weeks!)
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason (I had one boyfriend as a teen who was a true romantic)
64. Been in a combat zone (what about between siblings? I've been there!)
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone - verbal or physical (Again, I was a tomboy growing up and got into a lot of fights, usually trying to protect my girl friends who would just cry instead of stand up for themselves!)
67. Bounced a check :-(
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy (Legos, My Little Ponies, TinkerToys, Othello, Stratego, and the list goes on! I love having kids - I get to have so much fun with them!)
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did (I am a descendant of Lady Godiva)
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over (hence, why I am now in Utah!)
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped or watched an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days (Scott and I actually want to do this in kayaks, not canoes)
83. Eaten sushi (and liked it! I even make it now an give it to my family ~ the kids love California tpye sushi!)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (for good things, not like America's Most Wanted sort of things)
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school (see #72)
89. Changed your name (thankfully! Anyone who knew my maiden name would agree!)
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch (I learned to crochet last year)
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt (it was an unintentional hurt, but it still counts.)
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language (this month actually, at an Albanian wedding)
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (again, I am a mom, and I have three great kids and wonderful hubby!)
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you (pencil drawings and photography)
101. Had a booth at a street fair (does a funnel cake booth count?!)
102. Dyed your hair (not that it worked all that well, but I did in high school!)
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep (ah, heaven!And I can't wait to start doing it again!)
105. Dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
106. Raked your carpet (why would I really want to do this?)
107. Brought out the best in people (I hope I have done this at one time, for someone, somewhere)
108. Brought out the worst in people (unfortunately, I think I probably have done this at one time or other)
109. Worn a mood ring (yeah, I was a child of the 80's and 90's!)
110. Ridden a horse (it is one of my favorite things)
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where at least four people asked for the recipe.
113. Buried a child
114. Been inside the pyramids
115. Shot a basketball into a basket
116. Danced at a disco
117. Played in a band
118. Shot a bird
119. Gone to an arboretum
120. Tutored someone (I currently teach and tutor kids in reading)
121. Ridden a train (from Georgia up to Michigan!)
122. Brought an old fad back into style
123. Eaten caviar (once...and never again!)
124. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
125. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
126. Published a book (just this week actually, it is a Christmas gift for my hubby, so no telling!)
127. Pieced a quilt
128. Lived in a historic place
129. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
130. Asked for a raise
131. Made a hole-in-one (does mini-golf count?)
132. Gone deep sea fishing
133. Gone roller skating
134. Run a marathon (I've walked quite a few, but never run)
135. Learned to surf
136. Invented something (just never got it pattented!)
137. Flown first class (once when I was 10 - a kind upgrade from the airline!)
138. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite (one night when my dad came to visit us)
139. Flown in a helicopter
140. Visited Africa
141. Sang a solo
142. Gone spelunking
143. Learned how to take a compliment
144. Written a love-story
145. Seen Michelangelo’s David
146. Had your portrait painted
147. Written a fan letter
148. Spent the night in something haunted
149. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
150. Ran away from home
151. Learned to juggle
152. Been a boss
153. Sat on a jury
154. Lied about your weight (if you add a pound or two to your actual weight, and an inch or so, when you go in for an epidural, it really won't wear out!)
155. Gone on a diet
156. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
157. Written a poem
158. Carried your lunch in a lunch box
159. Gotten food poisoning
160. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
161. Hiked the Grand Canyon
162. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
163. Gone to the opera
164. Gotten a letter from someone famous (do form letters count? The President of the US was proud that I graduated top of my class, or so the letter says!)
165. Worn knickers
166. Ridden in a limousine (once when my mom's boss once sent she and I to the theater to see The Phantom of the Opera, and we were picked up in a limo!)
167. Attended the Olympics (I worked at the torch running of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, but didn't attend any events.)
168. Can hula or waltz
169. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
170. Been stuck in an elevator
171. Had a revelatory dream
172. Though you might crash in an airplane
173. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
174. Saved someone’s life
175. Eaten raw whale (no thank you!)
176. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
177. Laughed till your side hurt (kids will do that to you!)
178. Straddled the equator
179. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
180. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival(I've been to a Rennassaince Festival, though! It's sort of close)
181. Sent a message in a bottle
182. Spent the night in a hostel
183. Been a cashier
184. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
185. Joined a union
186. Donated blood or plasma (that's what helped me get through my first year at BYU!)
187. Built a camp fire
188. Kept a blog (sort of obvious!)
189. Had hives (far too many times!)
190. Worn custom made shoes or boots
191. Made a PowerPoint presentation
192. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
193. Served at a soup kitchen
194. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
195. Know CPR
196. Ridden in a convertible
197. Found a long lost friend (thanks to facebook!)
198. Helped solve a crime
199. Shaken hands with a famous person (L.Tom Perry, Gerald Lund, Phillip Habib, John Bytheway, Jeffrey R. Holland)
200. Commented on Ukyankinoz's blog
So now you know more about me than you will ever be able to (or hope to) remember. it was fun going through the list and rethinking about my life... I was able to bold a lot more than I thought I was going to be able to... I have had a wonderful life so far, and I am not even half way through it yet! Just imagine what fun the rest will bring!
1 comment:
I love your list! You've done lots of cool things that I haven't had the chance to yet...
What did you invent? Is it our morning sickness bathroom and bedside system? Cause if you're counting that, I need to mark it off my list too...
Oh, and under 'worn knickers' I bolded it cause over here knickers are just underwear, and I swear I've gotten so immersed in English-isms, I really can't remember if it's different in America! Help - I'm being English-ized!!! They're getting in my brain!!!
Post a Comment