We went today to the ultrasound and it was a ball! Scott was as giddy as a little kid and the kids and I were all taking bets on what it was going to be. Scott wanted a boy and a girl, I wanted a girl, Teagan wanted either one or two girls, Garrett wanted a boy, and Owen wanted a boy a girl and a dog. Since Garrett was the correct guess he got to have the first cookie when we made them. We opted to get a DVD of the ultrasound, and I am glad we did. This is the only ultrasound I will get for this pregnancy (which is odd for me, because in GA I always had three during my pregnancies, and out here they only do the one) and we weren't able to get a still picture of his little face other than when we saw it on the DVD. She also tried to get a face picture by using the 3D ultrasound machine a bit, and I had never had that before. I am planning on posting the ultrasound pictures later (after I get Scott to rehook up the scanner!) and you will see the cutest little boy foot and hand and little leg ever. But again, there will not be a little boy profile face shot...ah...that's okay though. I am also going to try and get him to show me how to edit the DVD so I can post a shorter version of it (the original is almost 14 minutes long!). There are some cute shots in it of him drinking some amnio fluid and his quick little heart beat and other stuff that I think is wonderful and adorable and it will probably bore all other regular people, but I am going to post it anyways because I love my little "Hoppy"! (His name is Hoppy because Owen named him that. It was "Music Hoppy" when he thought it was a girl, and then it was "Music" for the girl and "Hoppy" for the boy when he thought there were two, and now it is just "Hoppy")
Okay, that is it for today. I am going to take myself and my little "Hoppy" and go read scriptures to the kids and put them in bed. We are at the part in Alma where the 2000 Stripling Warriors are. It was perfect timing for us because I used that story as a way to explain why there was yet another boy coming to our family! Both Teagan and Owen were a bit set out that it is another boy, but after thinking about him as being another stripling warrior in our family, they were more okay with it. And given another 4 and a half months I know they will be fine with the idea! Owen already agreed to share his toys with Hoppy and Teagan is excited to kiss his cute little feet, so I am not really worried about them!
I have been sending my mom some pictures of how little Hoppy is growing, so I thought I would post those tonight so this blog has some sort of visual stimulation for anyone who happens to come across it! These are pictures from weeks 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19. There is a little bulge showing there, but for me it feels like a huge pooch! I am at that yucky stage of pregnancy where you don't feel big and pregnant, you just feel fat! But soon enough that pretty pregnant belly will be here and then the "beached whale" feeling will be here with it! Ah, the joys of pregnancy!




As of this week Hoppy is a little over half a pound right now and measuring a week farther along than he really is. Which is all well and good, but it doesn't explain why I am five pounds heavier than when I started this trip 20 weeks ago - and that is after being so sick the first part of the pregnancy that I lost 14 pounds ~ so I have actually gained almost as many pounds as weeks I am pregnant! Can you tell it is a sensitive subject with me?!
7 comments:
Congratulations! How exciting! We'll be thrilled to see Hoppy :) when we get back. You look beautiful as always and I am sure you will be back to your svelte self in no time. I know how it feels though. Tell the kids that Jaya still misses them and talks about them, and that the Goldilocks book you got her is one of her favorites still. Keep us updated - I love pregnancy pics!
Hee hee hee! My cunning plan is falling into place! You will have a lovely little boy and I will very soon be expecting a beautiful girl, and I'll beat Patrick unconscious with a baseball bat at the hospital to keep him from naming her Aoifa, so little Emma and Hoppy will get married and live happily ever after!! HA HA HA!! (Rubbing my hands together...)
Seriously, though, you look beautiful, and I'm really excited it's a boy and I hope you can post some of the ultrasound here! Love you tons, chicka!!!
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT, KNEW IT! The last post you put up about the birthday party and how you were pooped and couldn't do the spaghetti and how you woke up early...my first thought was, "SHE'S PREGNANT!" And I almost wrote you to ask, but refrained because I didn't want to sound rude...but ha! I knew it!
I am so very happy for you and your family. We will keep you and Hoppy in our prayers. He is a lucky little boy to be entering such a family. *hugs*
You were right on target, Jenn! Those were all symptoms of being pregnant! The first part of this trek was treacherous (and quite painful and nauseaus and blah blah blah!) but now that I am into the second trimester, life is much easier and I am loving being pregnant! Thanks!
Congrats. That is exciting news.
So happy for you! I had no idea!!!!
I always thought you should have 4 kids... and now you do! Yay! Congrats!
Congratulations We are very happy for you guys. Boys are so much fun.
Post a Comment