Friday, September 12, 2008

Teagan's 3rd hair donation

Some people get their hair cut every six months like every good hair stylist recommends, and others like to go a little more often to just get a trim and a nice head massage. But for Teagan and I, we usually get a hair cut once a year if that. I do sometimes trim Tig's hair throughout the year when I am cutting the boys' hair, just because she likes to play hair dresser like her brothers, but it is never anything note worthy. But when we do cut our hair, whether it has been 12 months or 24, it is a serious hair cut!

And it was now time for Tig to get her hair cut again. We had cut a couple of inches off of it last year when the boys got their cuts, but her last serious hair cut was in July of 2006 when she, her cousin Abbi and I all cut our hair to donate to That time was her second time donating to them, her first donation was in October of 2004 right before Owen was born, so I guess she is averaging a donation every 2 years, which I think is pretty good! (Plus her hair is so thick, she can usually either give two ponytails or one massive ponytail!)

For this year's donation we cut it at home instead of going to a salon (which had been the normal "treat" for whenever we were going to donate) and we were able to get 2 13" pony tails to donate. I had wanted to give her a cute little A-line hair cut, but with Owen's uncanny ability to "help" me, I ended up having to correct and bumped-elbow-scissor-mishap and she ended up with a short bob do! But I still think she looks adorable ~ although I think she would be adorable hairy, bald, or whatever!She doesn't like it at times, but then other times she loves it. It is so easy to clean and brush and fix and I had to remind her of her new amount of necessary shampoo and conditioner since she has less hair to wash.

While I was washing the stray hairs off of her neck and getting ready to head out to run errands, Owen decided that he wanted to "be bald like Uncle Erick" and he set in to cutting his own hair. When he finally came and asked me what I thought of his haircut, I had to take him back to the front room and just buzz his head to try and even it out! He was in heaven because he thought I really was shaving him bald! He likes how short it is in the back and wanted the top buzzed further, but I didn't want to go that far! So here are some pics of his new hair style as well!

I am excited by Teagan's choice to continue donating her hair - I have given her the option of cutting her hair whenever and doing whatever style, but she likes being able to donate her hair to some other kid who needs a wig. So, with her third donation wrapped in a plastic bag, resting inside a padded envelope, and addressed to Lake Worth, Florida, I finish this entry to go and play some games and enjoy the rest of our Friday Night Party Night with my wonderful children who never cease to amaze me ~ either by their willingness to serve, or their mischievious cuteness!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good job Teagan!! I know there are so many little girls who are so grateful for how unselfish and giving you are!
And your new hair looks SO cute! You are growing into such a beautiful girl!

Leatha said...

What a kind and loving girl she is! Jaya says, "Teagan, you look so pretty," and I agree. Love the new 'do! It really highlights all her lovely features. Good job mom!

John and Jamie said...

I think that is so nice how you do that with your kids. Mary has been wanting to do this. we our letting her hair get long enough so we can have it cut to do it. Do you know a good place to send it? Till Teagan her hair look so cute as yours does to. and If I did not till you Congratulations on the new little one. We are very happy for you guys.

Klin said...

She looks so cute. You have great kids. Probably due to the great parents they have:)