Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Teagan - Nancy Drew
Garrett - green LEGO brick
Owen almost - the Pick of the Litter
Emmett - Winnie the Pooh
Well, my faithful minions have done another Halloween night of hard work for me to replenish my chocolate bowl for another little bit... yet another great reason for having children!! And this year I had them working double duty so that we could share their candy with their cousins who are sick with H1N1 right now. So for every two pieces of candy they got, they know they will only be keeping one of them. That has made them very prudent candy collectors! They came home with tons of chocolate and not too much non-essential candies. Owen took it one step further and would grab a handful of candy at the door and would tell the owner that he was getting it to share. And he was cute enough that most places let him!




But now they are all asleep in their beds and dreaming of Trick-or-Treating while their little feet stop throbbing from all the running from house to house that they did.




We were out from a bit after 6:30 until just before 8 and the kids all had a ball trick-or-treating with their cousin Spencer and his mom. She had the kids running from house to house almost the whole time! Garrett pooped out after half an hour complaining about how difficult it was to run as a Lego, so for the rest of the night he either hung out in the car with me, or went to the doors as a green bean (since he was dressed all in green).

Before we left, I made hot dog mummies, troll toes (little sausages in b-b-q sauce), beetle wings (chips), and swamp water (cream soda) for dinner in the hopes that starting off with a full tummy would help keep the sugar consumption down. And it did work, we each had maybe 5 pieces of candy all night long - not too bad!

Emmett slept through the whole night, so he didn't have too much fun on his first Halloween, but his brothers and sister and aunt took his bag door to door anyways, so he helped rake in the yummies for me as well!
I just sat him in his car seat and that was where he stayed as we drove around the neighborhood.We all had a blast. Garrett loved being a Lego brick, Teagan felt very grown-up and responsible for being Nancy Drew, and Owen absolutely adored being the Pick of the Litter!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Those costumes are fantastic!! (I especially love Tigs as Nancy Drew!)

Klin said...

I love the lego!!! So awesome. How great that your kids will be sharing with sick cousins. That's just like you family. I really have great respect for your family. You are a top notch family.

I didn't see you at the trunk or treat. We did both ours at 5 and yours at 6:30. I had a lot of candy to give out. Still have some left, too. Need any suckers for your cousins?

Happy Halloween to you all.

OH, and I was a big Nancy Drew fan as a kid. Teagan is beautiful.

John and Jamie said...

Every one looks so cute, I have to say I think Garrett asthe Lego brick was way to cute.

Cara said...

I am loving the "pick of the litter" costume...how original! They all looked great!

And I agree...rifling through the Halloween treats they bring home is one of the definitive perks of being a mama.