
The second time we went skating was a more rustic version. We went to a frozen lake down near Grandma and Grandpa and someone had shovelled off a section of the lake leaving the ice exposed from the snow. So we "skated" with our shoes on the slippery ice - that was fun also, and Teagan wondered if we would give her ice skates for her next birthday. Just in time for the ice to melt in March!
While we were on the lake we also walked out to the buoy and touched it - Owen thought that was neat, he can never swim out that far, but now he can say that he's touched it! We went out there in an 1975 RV that Scottie's uncle gave to him. The kids think we are the coolest family out there whenever we ride in it! Shag carpeting and all! The pictures and video were taken with our new cell phones, so they aren't the greatest quality, but how cool is it that I can take little video clips now whenever I want?! I am so excited!
The three big kids riding on the bed above the cab. They love looking out the front window while driving!
This is a close up of what the lake ice looked like. There were all these beautiful little ice designs in it from where it had frozen and semi thawed and refrozen... at least I think that is where the designs came from!And for our third time we went back to the ice rink again with our homeschool group and had a fun time playing. Daddy stayed at home with Emmett this time, so even mom was able to get out onto the ice and have fun. It was a blast! Owen had just gotten over another migraine from the day before, so he wasn't feeling up to par, so he sat on the side and waved to mommy each time I passed. The roles were reversed this time! I was even doing turns and tricks and skating on one leg... cool stuff. And I only fell once when a little guy with a ice walker ran into me! It was so much fun! I wish I had been able to have some video footage of the kids and I skating... I could show off some of my cool skating moves, but I used up all my battery taking the kids videos, so you will have to use your imaginations and envision me doing jumps and turns out there on the ice! (your imagination is probably much better than my actual tricks were so it is a win-win situation for me!) But look, I was able to upload this video, so there is a new improvement for me! Enjoy the silliness that we had while skating!
3 comments:
Kris,
Loved the Santas and all the gingerbread houses. Very Cute! But I can't get the video. There's a big space there, but not place to click for a video. Is it just me???
You big stinker! You posted a video where you were talking and it made me sooo homesick for you! The kids are so big - I miss you guys! *Sniff!*
Looks like loads of fun. So sorry that Owen is suffering with migraines. That totally sucks.
Post a Comment