Today was a beautiful day! There are five loads of laundry on my front room chair, and counters and toilets that need to be cleaned, and the yard needs to be mowed and the gardens need some loving. But none of that got done today. Instead, Scott took the two little boys and I to the park to play while Teagan was at Engineering Camp and Garrett is staying with Grandma. The little boys were so well behaved and loved having Mom and Dad to themselves for a little bit!

The snow melt off from the mountains are adding a lot of water everywhere, and at the park we went to it has created a fast flowing stream that, even though it was freezing cold, was very fun to play in!

Scottie brought the snow sleds with us and the little boys used them like boats to float in down the stream.

Then Scott would drag Emmett in his boat up to the head of the stream while Owen ran his boat up, and they would do it over and over again. We had brought a camping chair and sun umbrella, so I got to sit and watch the fun while Daddy and the boys played.

Once his legs were thoroughly frozen, Scott was able to stay in the water for longer periods and he would drag the boys up stream and they loved the spray coming as Daddy walked against the strong current!

We also brought a regular water tube, but no one was really willing to set their hind end in it in the frigid water! Emmy still wanted to play in the "een donut" (green donut), just not in the water.

After an hour or so of river rafting, we brought out the RC boats and the boys played with them at the head of the stream where it was a little deeper and more calm.

Then came some frisbee play and some timed racing to help burn out some energy before it was time to go pick Teagan up from her camp.

The little boys had such a fun time doing such simple things today and so did Scott and I. Simple works for us.


So, the good was the great day we had and all the laughing and smiles I got to see on three of my men.
The bad was that no housework was accomplished and that my camera officially kicked the bucket today while taking these pictures. We dropped it off at the camera shop to fix it and they said that even though I have only taken 36,000 pictures with it, the shutter itself is dying and needed to be replaced. (Some shutters can make it to 50 or 60K, while others only get to 18K, so I am mid-range) They said they can get it back to me in three weeks...THREE WEEKS!!!! So no more nice camera for the next three weeks! Super bad.
And the ugly, well those are my swollen feet; but I was kind enough to spare your eyes and I didn't take a picture of them!
1 comment:
Looks like the boys had a good time. I LOVE all the pictures! Hurry up and get your camera back!
Post a Comment