Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's been that kind of a weekend

I love long weekends. Maybe I should clarify that. I love long, relaxing weekends... the one's where Scott has Friday and Monday off and the family gets to play together all weekend long. The kind that you would imagine Memorial Day Weekend should be like. Camping. Fishing. Hiking. Going to the movie perhaps. Taking the kids to walk through a cemetery to commemorate those who valiantly died defending our country and others.

Sadly, none of that happened this weekend.

We were in the service of others all weekend, and we did get to spend it with extended family, so it wasn't all a bust. But working until 5 in the morning and waking at 8, and traveling, traveling, traveling seems to have taken it's toll on us. We are all worn out! But, in a good way.
I think Emmy displays our exhaustion best...he found that wherever you are is a fine place to crash.
You know it's bad when the baby is sleeping standing up and the older kids are asking to go back to school.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That's an awesome picture - poor Emmy! Give those kids big hugs from us!!

Oh, and I'm coming NEXT MONTH!! I'm so excited I finally get to say it!! Can't WAIT to see you!!!!