Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Black eyes

It has been too long without my camera and I am going stir cray without it! we have had fun with extended family, fun as our own little family, and all sorts of great photo ops that have come and gone without any documentation... and I still have another wek or so to go before it will be done and I can be reunited with my mechanical extension to myself.

One thing that I am really missing it for are the pictures of my kids that I am missing. When we are out on walks Owen will invariably find an area that he things is beautiful and he will pose somewhere and say, "Mom, this would make a great picture spot if you had your camera." He's usually right, too.

I am missing a first for Emmy this week, too. He had a little friend over playing the other night with who he has a love/hate relationship. He has bitten her so hard before that it left bruising, and she is constantly screaming at him and throwing things at him, yet they still love to play together and he loves giving her hugs (which she detests). She is only a few months older than he is, so all of these behaviors are right on cue age-wise, but it is still funny to watch it all the same. This week's incident was her turn to be the brute and she whacked him with a heavy metal flashlight on the face, leaving a nice sized goose egg that turned into a healthy black eye the next morning despite us trying to ice it down after it happened. I would love to have a picture of his cute little black eye, but instead, this is the only thing I have to remember it...




Darn camera. I miss you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Very funny, goof ball!