I had another OB appointment yesterday. I am almost 36 weeks along now, and she told me I could stop taking the nefedipine to stop the contractions and could get off bed rest!! I was thrilled to get off a couple of days early; the last doctor I saw told me to stay on it until this Sunday, so getting off on Thursday saved me about 14 rounds of feeling tingly, itchy, hot, drained of all my blood, and basically feeling overall wasted. She said the baby is measuring two weeks behind and was a little guy - only weighing about 6 pounds right now. (Although, babies are supposed to gain a pound a week in their last month...that doesn't make him a little guy!) She even told me to start going for an evening walk to help with the swelling and pain. I left there a happy bloated whale!
So I went home and did about 6 loads of laundry, mopped the kitchen, cleaned the kids' bathroom (you have to love living in a house with 3 little boys, one of which is still potty training and hasn't caught the concept of "make sure you make bubbles in the in water and don't spray outside.") So I got to skip my 2:00 dose, and all was well. I was still flying high. Along came 8:00 and I gladly missed that pill also. But sometime around midnight the aches and pains and cramping started to settle in, and man was last night a long night! I didn't realize that along with no blood pressure came no aches and pains...maybe it was just a coincidence, but all the same, last night was a tough night!I was up so many times last night moving from room to room trying to get comfortable, or comforting a little guy who had had a night fright. All too soon morning was here...bummer.
I've been pretty active today and have skipped all my pills and have just been dealing with the contractions; if I am up and moving, the contractions are a pretty constant companion. But this weekend is a busy weekend for us, and Scott will be gone for most of it, and then next week the two older kids have a robotics camp that they won't want to miss...so I am thinking that I might take it easy for a few days. Just in case these contractions decide to do anything productive.
But, knowing my body, and knowing the family love of teasing that runs so deeply, I am fairly sure that this little guy is going to hang out and keep cooking until September. And in the meantime, I will keep having contractions every 5 minutes - for the next month+! So I think I have come to the conclusion that what started out as good news could also have actually been a mixed blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment