Saturday, May 12, 2012

Our new Mother's Day tradition

This year was by far the best Mother's Day that I can remember having! The kids all worked hard on getting along the whole day, so it was a day free from bickering, snapping, and teasing.

After church, and after a nice nap, we took a family drive up the mountain loop road and had a family hike and dinner picnic. 





It was a beautiful area, everything green and lush and alive. Moss was growing everywhere. Literally. I thought eating off a table covered in moss was a little gross and was sure Scott would agree with me, but my germ-a-phobe hubby was surprisingly amiable about it. (I still stood while I ate my sandwich!)
Garrett thought it might be fun to roast his PB and J sandwich over the campfire, and Emme followed right along. They both said it was delicious.

Everything was so much fun, but one thing stood out among the others and I told the kids that I wanted to make it a yearly Mother's Day tradition. After our picnic, we roasted mini marshmallows over the fire. You had to put 7-8 on a stick to get a mouthful, but it was so much fun! We were all giggling and laughing and having a great time roasting the teeny tiny mallows. And then the smell of the campfire was great, too. A definite family tradition! Garrett was so excited that one of his ideas was such a big hit and was immediately immortalized!


Tig says this is a bad video to post because it makes her feel "utterly lost" when watching it...sorry if I made anyone else feel utterly lost. So here is the explination of it: Scott was mocking me for how I like my marshmallows burnt instead of 'browned' and he decided to tape his mockery and my magical mallow wand. I hope that clears up an confusion or lost feelings!

No comments: