I've just switched computers in the schoolroom, so for a little while, I don't have access to my photos. Which is a bummer. But, lately I have found myself smiling a lot when I listen to Emme talk because of his cute little turn of phrase and I wanted to write some of them down so I can remember them when he is bigger.
"Oh, look how to-o-o-t!" - This is said whenever anything is mini sized or little or in a baby form - like a kitten or a tiny frog.
"We don't say 'spoopid'. It's a bad wood." - He will tell the kids this regardless if someone has actually said 'stupid' or not. He even tells Duncan this.
"Mo-o-om, so-and-so called me LOOZER." - I hear this quite a bit throughout the day. No one has ever called him a loser, but if they call him a pet name that he doesn't understand he automatically assumes it is a bad name and will come tell me about it.
"Hi, Mom!" - This is what I hear every morning around 2 or 3 when he has woken up and has come crawling into my bed to finish his sleeping. He crawls up to my pillow, looks me right in the eyes and says this in his regular volume voice. Then he lays his little brown head on my pillow next to mine, making sure that our foreheads are touching, and goes right back to sleep. I've asked him why he comes to my bed when he wakes up instead of staying in his bed and he responded that he had to come to my bed because he missed me. I didn't argue with that logic. I miss him too when I'm away from him.
"Sbop and dough, sbop and dough. Look mom, I make it sbop and dough." - This is his favorite pee pee time game to play. Stop and go.
"Dundin" - this is his name for Duncan. Most of the kids have started calling him that, too, now.
"Mom, so-and-so is being selfiss." - He tells me this one when someone won't give him what he wants.
"I'm O-tay" - This one comes out whenever he trips or falls or has an accident. And it always comes with a thumbs up in the air just make sure we know he landed it okay. He's one tough little guy and would rather make you smile when he gets hurt than be comforted.
"Mom, you pay a dame wiff me? Please?" - He sees us play a lot of games during school and he really wants to play games too. He'll pull out any game and try setting it up and then will come and get me and ask me to play with him. Of course I have to when he asks so nicely!
"Thanks, Mom, for this _________" - Emme is the most polite kid we have ever had. He thanks you for EVERYTHING. For the cool cup he is using, for the yummy dinner you made, for having cereal for breakfast, for buckling him in the car, for saying prayers with him, for sharing a toy with him. Thanking people just comes to naturally to him and he does it all the time! He is always the first one of our kids to say thanks for a treat or for making dinner or taking them to the pond or whatever.
"Mom, you read me a story?" - When he says this, he really means, "Mom, If I give you a story prompt, will you tell me a story before I go to bed?" Because once I say yes, he tells me what story he wants. He'll say something like, "Read me the story 'bout when I was a big boy, and I went to da part and was paying hide-n-seek and I found a treasure map under a bush and we went hiking and found da treasure box and the little hands poked me." Then I have to elaborate on that story and make it long enough to get him nice and sleepy - usually about 4-5 minutes is all it takes! Then he cuddles up next to me and closes his eyes and goes right to sleep. We do this at nap time each day and sometimes at night.
"You like my bootiful moosic, Mom?" - Generally it is just a repetitive noise he is making on one of our schoolroom instruments, but to him it is beautiful music. He doesn't care if it is on the triangle, maraccas, tambourine, drums, bagpipes, recorder, bells, or whatever. So we will dance to it for a few minutes and sometimes he will come up with words to go along. It is usually either some kind of song about Sponge Bob or a version of I Am a Child of God.
"I got dis for my birfday" - This applies to pretty much anything he thinks is his. Any toy he likes, any flower he finds, anything. It is super special because he got it for his 'birfday'.
1 comment:
Love the post!!! and miss that boy tremendously! I thought it funny that you choose betwixt spongebob OR a primary song. Tyler used to say "Ladies and gemenems, this is Tyler Alec Fiff!"
Post a Comment