Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To hear Emmy laugh!

Okay, can I just tell you how much I hate to be on this side of the camera instead of behind it? But last night while waiting for the pack meeting to start, Owen wanted to take some pictures of me.

Been-in-the-garden-all-day me.

Grab-a-ponytail-holder-and-go me.

Not-a-smidge-of-make-up-on me.

And despite my angst at looking in to the camera instead of out of, I let him take some quick shots. Here are what he snapped...it makes me embarrased that I actually go out in public looking like this, but I do it all the time! I just forget how important a little cover-up and some lipstick can be to a face! Oh well, I've already landed my dream guy, and my kids think I'm pretty even when I'm sick, so I guess my little world is okay with me! Who do I need to impress?!

Owen got to choose the montage, since these were his pictures. And Emmy just loves it! He thought they were hysterical just regular, but with all the little cartoon critters, it is even better. When he saw the originals on the screen he almost doubled over laughing! It's a good thing I love hearing him laugh otherwise I might have been offended! We scrolled through them time after time just to keep him in his fits of giggles...it was great!

And then we posted them, to make Owen smile; because his smile is so great, too. And I even got a hug and a kiss and a "You are the greatest mom in the whole wide world and in all the universe" to go along with it.

So go ahead - smile, laugh, throw nerf darts at the screen...whatever. I have the laughter of a baby and the love of a boy to make it seem all okay!


4 comments:

mom said...

What a goofy girl you are! Love the one with your tongue sticking out - a classic!

Jennifer said...

Love Owen's pics. You made my day, Kris!

Smithclan said...

LOVE IT!!! made me smile again!! Thanks for being so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Kris, Great site to see what you and the family is up to. I'm sorry I haven't been here more often:) The kids look GREAT!