Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Things Overheard

* Owen was carrying the baby seat tray over his head to take it to the kitchen when it partially slipped out of his hands and bonked him on the top of the head.
Owen looked around bewildered and said, "Hey, who dropped the gravity on me?"



* Owen: Mom, when I'm a parent I'm going to do things different from you.

Me: Like what?

Owen: I'm not going to make my kids go to bed early and they can stay up late and sleep wherever they want; I'll let them go to bed whenever they want and they can eat whatever they like. (His favorite place to go to sleep is on the couch in the front room!)

Me: Well, won't that make you very sleepy if your kids are staying up late every night?

Owen: No, not really, we won't wake up early when I'm bigger and we can sleep in.



And this is my favorite one:

*Garrett: I can't wait until I'm a dad; then I won't ever have to do laundry again.

Teagan: Garrett, you'll still have dirty laundry when you're grown up, you know. You're always going to have to do laundry.

Garrett: No I won't. I'll have a wife and kids, and they will do it for me and I can do other things and look busy while they finish it, just like dad does.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Kids are funny, aren't they? They think that adults have a life of ease. Well, tell Garrett and Owen that I'd love to live in that world where I'd never have to do laundry or the dishes ever again. Throw in never vacuuming, mowing the lawn, scrubbing toliets or even working for a living!! Find me that world and I'll pack today!

(Oh, and I LOVED the comment Garrett made about his dad--very funny!!)

Nikki said...

I literally LOL'd at Garrett's comment about Scott - that's awesome!! We need a kid around here to point things out to P like that...

Smithclan said...

What?! I can't believe it!! Love that comment! Kids are very observant aren't they?

Klin said...

Yep. That's how it goes around here.
I make the kids go to bed too early, especially during the summer and dad doesn't do laundry very often. He is afraid he will shrink something.

Unknown said...

LOLOLOL on that last one!!!