Thursday, July 1, 2010

It said it was sun screen spray, but I have my doubts!

Through school, the kids earned a free trip to our local water park, and being their teachers, Scott and I were given free passes as well; so we took them recently to a place where we don't normally go. It was a wonderfully hot, but not sweltering, day ~ perfect for a water day. I lathered Garrett in sun screen (since he is my only one who burns) and put some on my the other kids' faces just for good measure. And then at the last minute I grabbed another kind of sun screen that I had, a spray can type, and sprayed my shoulders. I don't usually burn, I never did as a kid, but just to be safe I sprayed myself and my ultra white hubby. Well, here is what happened:
It so doesn't look as painful as it actually was! I didn't have any tan lines of any sort before then, and after this I didn't have tan lines but burn lines. It was uncomfortable to sleep on, Emmy kept grabbing and holding me at my shoulders, the kids kept teasing me because I was being a great big old baby about it....I now have a greater commiseration for those people who have burnt their whole life and have had to deal with this forever. My face didn't burn in the least, and neither did any parts on the kids. But all the places where we sprayed the SPF 30 "sun screen spray", we got roasty toasty.
I think the bottle was mislabeled and instead of SPF sun spray, it was actually PAM cooking spray.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm. Cooked shoulders :)

Just kidding.

Yeah... sunburns do not feel nice. Unfortunately, they're a fact of life for me :( which brand did you use? I'll avoid it. If it did this to you, I can't imagine what it'd look like on me.