Sunday, July 11, 2010

Excuse me while I toss my cookies...

There is a place here in Utah that I love going to see. We call it the Alpine Loop. It is a forest of alpine trees and so many wonderful plants - ferns, flowers, bushes. I love taking pictures up there because everything is so picturesque...but the ride there is murder! At least for those of us who get car sick. The others in my family don't quite appreciate what a big deal it is for me to go up there with them; I usually like to keep my lunch tucked nicely in my tummy, but on the twisty turny road we have to take to get there I always wonder how long it will stay where I want it to.
So this is how I usually spend the time riding there. Garrett was nice enough to preserve this happy memory for me just in case I ever forgot how much fun mountain driving can be:But once we get there and my stomach settles back down where it needs to be, here are some of the sights that we find:The place we stopped at today was full of ferns and the path was made of soft dirt. We grabbed our hiking sticks that I keep in the trunk and away we went!Emmy always gets the best seat in the house - Daddy's back pack gives him a bird's eye view of all the cool things we pass.

I love going hiking with the family. It has become our Sunday tradition. After church we eat lunch, take a little nap, and then Daddy takes us hiking somewhere. I love exploring the beauty all around us with the ones that I love the most. I talked to Tig on the phone tonight to tell her good night since she is still at Grandma's and she was sad she missed out on our Sunday hike - it was nice to see that our family hikes mean a lot to the kids also.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Awww, bless your heart sweetie! Poor thing!

The views are amazing - I miss Utah! Hope you're having fun with those 4 boys - what an action-packed house you must have! :)

Smithclan said...

maybe YOU driving might cure the sickies.

Dad said...

Those photos were AWESOME! You should take photos professionally and sell them. What a travel blog you could do.

Unknown said...

Lol. Lucky to have a husband that takes such nice pictures of misery...