Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's that time of year again!

Every summer, around June or July, the time comes around when Tig and I have grown our hair out long enough for us to cut and donate it. This year I am being a bit selfish and wanted to keep my long hair for a bit longer, so I didn't cut mine with Tig this time. I'll cut mine eventually, but for now I am having fun curling mine and doing some long hairstyles with it. I have about 13" right now, and I'm just looking at it in the light that I am going to donate a longer section of hair for someone to use in a long hair wig! So yesterday she did a solo donating of her hair.
She went from something like this:To this:She had grown out 11" to donate, and her hair is so thick, that you have to cut it in two or three pony tails! So she ends up donating a couple of hefty sized pony tails worth of hair! I don't remember what number of donation this is for her - her first was when she was 5, but we did skip a year here or there inbetween - so maybe 4th or 5th since she is 11 now. (I love how you can see her highlights in these ponies!She has two highlights on the front sides of her forehead that are natural and BEAUTIFUL!Her hair ended up being shorter than I wanted, but that was due to my lack of haircutting knowledge! She loves it this short and was quite glad I made a mistake in the initial cutting! She is also thrilled that she won't have to fight with the massive rat's nest that formed in the back of her hair each day since it was so thick!


I think she is beautiful either way, but I'm glad she is happy and likes the way she looks now.

No comments: