Thursday, July 22, 2010

Garrett's turn on baby duty

In our little family, whenever Mommy is working or otherwise occupied, the two older kids get to do 10 minute baby duty rotations. That way they both get a break every now and again, and Emmy and Owen get to play while still be watched.

Today while I was working in the house, Garrett was on his 10 minutes with Emmy and they were in the front yard playing. When I got to a breaking point I went out to check on them and this is what I found.....



Garrett said he was trying to make a swimming pool for Emmy, so he filled the water cooler up with the hose and put him in!
Here are the boys - proud and pleased with their invention!
And Emmy thought it was wonderfully fun! He was jumping and splashing like crazy in that tiny water cooler!
I left out the great picture of his backside with his cute little cheekies - his daddy wouldn't like it if I had put that in there :-)
After removing the blue moon from our blue cooler, I decided that it was probably time to set up an actual pool that I bought at the end of the summer last year. So during Teagan's 10 minutes, we set it up and let the boys play in a pool for real!
I don't think Emmy minded either way - to him, water play is water play!

But I know his Daddy would appreciate this type of water play much better!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you, thank you for all the new additions to the blog. I loved the picture of Teagan in her new hairdo. It suits her and looks adorable! And the picture of Emmett in the cooler were very cute! And with him splashing thru a puddle -- he is getting so big! Such a handsome little kid!

Thank you. I have been fed and feeling fat and happy right now. By next week, I'll be needing more, but for right now, my baby-meter has been satiated.