Monday, October 4, 2010

Impeccable timing, Garden.

We are getting ready to head out on a trip. just in time for all our garden things to kick into full swing - so sad! I've been looking forward to stewing tomatoes, canning some jalepenos, and making fresh tomatillo salsa, and now that everything is coming on strong, we're abandoning them!
I'm hoping that the apples will last for a couple of weeks, but I'm not super sure about that! The limbs are literally dripping with apples, so maybe I will have to ask some people to come and get some while I am gone.
I don't think we've had a yield like this ever! Thinking about the applesauce that could be made makes my mouth water!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Kris,

I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I feel bad that you are going to miss the harvest; miss the "fruit" of your labors. The apples look beautiful and the tomatoes look yummie. Your little heart must be sad to leave them.

Yet, on the other hand, I'm so anxious to see you that I say "To HECK with those veggies!!! Your mother needs to see you!!!" I'm so very glad that you will be in Georgia tomorrow. I'm looking forward to lots of hugs!!

(As a consolation, I'll buy you a tomato and I'll let you harvest my apple tree, that is, if the possum doesn't eat them all before you get here!)

Dad said...

Hey Kiddo,

Hope you have a GREAT visit with your mom. The produce does look good at home, but there's something even more special about seeing a mom:) Just think, once you get back it'll only be a short time before you see Scott. That has got to have you feeling awesome. Give my love to the kids. Love always, Dad