This weekend was a wonderful General Conference! I get so excited for conference weekend to come, and the kids get excited as well. I look at conference weekend the same way sports fans look at 'the Big Game' We have yummy treats to munch on during the talks, and I print off conference booklets for each of the kids to work on during it, and amazingly enough this time around, both Scott and I were able to take notes during all of the talks!! For me, this was the first time in about 5 years that I have been able to do that and not have wiggly little ones interrupting or needing entertaining. We did our four square act again this time, like we did last
October, and it worked just as well. Yesterday Emmy even stayed in his square for the whole first session, and then was napping during the second session! All four kids in their own little quadrant doing their own little things! It was amazing!
In this picture you can even see Emmy coloring in his book as Teagan is working on hers!
Some pages are spiritual ones that make them think, while others are fun fluff fillers to keep their fingers busy while they are listening to the speakers.
This year we had four different levels of books for the first time. We had Emmy doing a nursery coloring version, Owen in a younger Primary version, Garrett did a senior Primary one, and Teagan moved up to a more thought provoking Youth packet!
The kids brought out their pillows and their favorite stuffed animal to share the conference experience with, and had their conference basket with them filled with everything they needed (scissors, pencils, coloring items, etc). 
After first session of conference yesterday we went for a walk and to the park and the older kids helped a neighbor wash their van. It was so beautiful and warm, even I didn't have a coat on :-) After the second session, we went over to our friends the Feltch's house for an impromptu cook-out and visited with them and their kids for a while. Then the two dads went to Priesthood session and Heather and I stayed home with kids and kept playing. We ended up staying over there until after 10pm! It was a wonderful General Conference Saturday!
And then we woke up this morning, ready and excited for another wonderful day of conference. I went to open all the blinds to let in the morning sun and was shocked by what I found!


I don't know what happened to Mr. Weather between 11pm last night when we got home and 8 this morning when we woke up, but he sure changed! There was no going out for a picnic or a walk in between session today!

It was still a great conference day all the same, though! The kids did go for a walk around the block to burn some wiggles out before the last session of conference and the sidewalk snow had melted and the weather had warmed up a bit, so it wasn't all that bad outside.

Now conference is over. My four squares are cleaned up and the baskets put back away for
another six months. We still have the apostle's pictures on the wall and they will stay there for a week or so while we talk about what we heard. And now we are nicely digesting the delicious messages we heard, and the BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches we had for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment