My Scottie is the king of our family's little palace, and Teagan drew him a perfect picture on the card she made for him:
He had said, a few months ago, that he didn't want us to get him anything for his birthday. That we needed to focus on saving our pennies to help pay for our new baby and our upcoming move and the many medical bills that seem to follow us around constantly. So we tried abiding by that the best we could. But...then Tig earned money babysitting and Garrett earned money mowing lawns and Owen earned money for finishing his school books so early... and the money started burning holes in three little pockets.
Then a few weeks ago Scott started dropping hints (very heavy hints) about a game on the PS3 that was "very interesting" and "seemed like a great thought provoking game." He sat me down at the computer and had me watch a preview of it one day. He pulled it up when the kids were around and introduced them to it as well, setting the bug in their ears that this was "the next PS3 game we should get." So when the three of them got some money in their pockets, this was the first thing they thought of... getting Daddy the Portal 2 game.

Teagan and Garrett put their money together and got him the game, but Owen wanted to buy Daddy some Reece's Pieces...from Sam's Club. Emmey was pretty quiet on what he wanted to get Daddy, so we agreed that he would give him 5 marshmallow roasters as a hint that we were excited to do a lot of camping this summer with him since he will have the semester off from classes. As for me, I took the boring route and got him a new set of hair clippers - with a convenient carrying case, variegated blades, scissors, oil, neck brush, and cover drape - because the set I use to cut his hair with now does a pretty poor job of things. Needless to say, I was glad the kids had some money to spend him and got him something he was really excited about! He sat down and played the game until it was time for him to go to work... and I must agree with his earlier thought, the game is a seriously intense thought provoking game! It is like a mind bender on steroids...in a fun way. But at the same time, while I was watching him play today I found myself getting motion sick because the orientation of up and down frequently changes, so it might not be a game I play too often.
He also got numerous cards from Owen. Some on actual paper; some on napkins. This was Scott's favorite. Owen made it yesterday morning while we were reading scriptures at the breakfast table:
I'm not sure what made him think about the fact that Daddy was lucky to have lived this long (you know, all 36 years...), but something about the parables in the New Testament that we were reading must have sparked something in his little mind.
All the same, I agree with him, I'm glad Scott has lived this long too, he is a great daddy and husband and I sure do have fun being married to him... I hope he continues to live longer and longer and longer. All the way until he's an old man; like 40 or something :-)
He still had to go to class today, and still had to go to work, but hopefully we were able to make his 36th birthday a little less adult birthday-ish, and more exciting. So he knew we were celebrating a wonderful man who we all love and adore!
1 comment:
Happy birthday Scottie!!
Post a Comment