I love simplicity.
Today was all about simple pleasures and simple acts of kindness...all directed to me.
Even with two sick kids, today was pretty close to being perfect!
I was prepared enough so my duties at church today were not as much as usual. Then in sacrament meeting, Teagan gave a great talk on the importance of mothers. During Primary Owen gave a great talk and Garrett did the scripture and closing prayer. So I got to see all my kids do something brave and wonderful today.
At home, Scott had made scones and fruit for breakfast before church, and after church he let me work on some crafts while he cleaned the front of the house a bit and got dinner ready. Emmy and Teagan were still sick, so dinner was little for them and me (I rarely want to eat, so I hopped the opportunity for having simple chicken noodle soup rather than a heavy meat!), while the others had bratwursts and mashed potatoes (the left overs that were put in the fridge yesterday...not the ones that had been left out!)
It was a simple day. No arguments, no yelling, no errands or running around. We stayed at home as family, did things as a family, and it was perfectly wonderful! There's no better way to feel celebrated than to see my kids' testimonies growing, feel loved and adored and appreciated by my hunny, and to spend a full day in the warmth and love of my own home! I am going to bed tonight with nothing but sincere gratitude for this wonderful family Heavenly Father has put me in amd a terrific memory of my happiest Mother's Day ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment