Friday, September 30, 2011

From Teagan's Camera

Teagan recently bought herself a little digital camera with some babysitting money she earned this summer. And so begins the obligitory teenager self portraits....
 She is such a big helper to me. I often forget that she is only 12 years old. She is Emmy's second mom and is often asking if she can "help" him in ways that just so happen to be beneficial to her as well :-) Recently she asked if she could take him on a bike ride and this is how she returned him to me...
 The poor dude was out cold! She took him carefully out of the trailer, laid him on his bed, changed him into a diaper, and then came in the front room and started reading a book. She just naturally takes care of him like I do. She doesn't have to be told or reminded of what to do for him, it just seems to come naturally. And I love that!
 Another day she was trying to catch on camera how blue Duncan's eyes are, but he was being uncooperative. He doesn;t like to make eye contact, and that seemed to be the case with her camera 'eye' as well.


So she moved on to things that don't move as much and that she could film. This is a hair flower that she made and really loves.

Here is her picture of Vampire Emmett. After she commented that he looked like a vampire, he promptly hopped my lap and started to pretend like he was biting my arm. I don't even know where he learned what a vampire was!
She has been having fun with her little camera!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

What a great young woman you've got!

Oh, and tell her I was wearing the pretty orange hair clip she made me - I love my Teagan flowers so much!!