Saturday, April 21, 2012

The "Little Boys' Room"

My sister asked for more pictures of how the house was coming along, so this is one of the few rooms that is almost all put together the way I want it. the only thing left to do is to paint :-)

So this is what it looked like right after we moved in. Lots of space. Duncan in the porta-crib and Emme in a toddler bed. Sorta dry, but oh so roomy and fun to play in!
Then, since Duncan is such a wonderful sleeper and will only fall asleep in his own crib, we bought him a crib off of craigslist.
Then I found a couple who was selling their nursery set for $40 and I thought it was such a great deal that I bought that as well. The set had the bumper, comforter, 5 wall hangings, 2 pillows, 2 sets of sheet, crib dust ruffle, matching light switch cover, diaper holder, and a matching rug. Then when I went to pick it up from them, they threw in a wicker laundry basket filled with close for Emme, a night stand and matching dresser, 2 wall shelves, 3 jungle animal decorations, 2 changing table covers, and tons of other goodies. It was amazing! So now the little boys have a fully decorated room! I put the bumper and skirt on the crib and the comforter and pillows on Emme's bed, so now both of the boys' beds match!

Scott bought a little trampoline to go inside for Emme and Owen to use to help burn some energy off during rainy days. It has been a life saver during school when Emme has nothing to do and gets bored!
Now I just want to paint the room a little like this, only add green in to it somehow, and not do actual crown molding. We'll see how the actual thing turns out!

For now, Duncan says he likes his room just fine!

1 comment:

Affairs of Dragons said...

The little boys' room is coming along sooo nicely!!! Duncan looks so peaceful! I wish I could see your new home in person...maybe one day...maybe I'll treat myself to a Washington vacation for my 40th birthday. :)