I had another check up today - the kind where you don't take your kids - and found out more effects that can come from spending the morning doing a photo shoot in the snow at a large lake for 5 families, then going mountian hiking with my family, and sledding up and down the snow-covered sand dunes for hours before finally taking a rest and drinking enough water. Not only do you have a evening and night filled with massive (painful, uncomfortable, ugly, I could keep going) water retention and fairly painful contractions that required a nice long bath and drinking a gallon of water, but on deeper inspection (pardon the adjective) you find that you are dilated to a three! The doctor thought it might be a little early to start dilating, and suggested I start wearing a maternity belt to hold him up higher, but isn't that counterproductive to what my end goal is?! I want him down low... why keep him in longer than he wants?
I'm not expecting him to come anytime too soon - but I am going to make sure I have a bag packed and all my loose ends tied up in this next week, just to be safe. And I might hold off on any other mountain expeditions... at least for another week!
3 comments:
I wold consider that to be great news at a check up at this point. Maternity belt my foot- time for jumping jacks. You want to come walk up and down my stairs? they are longer than the ones in my house in GA. --- oh the memories. Keep us posted.Good luck- We are excited to here!!!!!
Well I'd be heading out in a week or so. Why not have fun while you're helping things along.
I walked around at a 5 for a couple of weeks with Raja - so I totally agree with you, a 3 is no reason to wear a maternity belt! Hoppy's just preparing you for labor. You're right - why keep him in longer than he wants?
We're all excited to see him!
Post a Comment