
Okay, I was tagged by an old high school friend to write 18 random things about me. That was easy enough for me to do because I am pretty random! So here goes:
1. I have all of our DVDs alphabetized and am teaching my kids to do the same thing.
2. My second toe on each foot is taller than my big toe next to it.
3. I am ambidextrous but I usually write with my right hand because it is faster than when I write with my left, but I do most other things lefty (hold a fork, play pool, etc.)
4. In high school I got a Varsity letter in Chorus, swimming, and Football.
5. Homeschooling my kids is my greatest pleasure and my greatest trial all at once
6. When I was still a new mom I was terrified to have a boy because I grew up in an all girl home and knew NOTHING about raising boys... so here I am about to have my third... I guess God is trying to make up for the lost knowledge!
7. One of my favorite past times is pulling weeds. It reminds me of spending time with my grandpa in his garden and I find it very relaxing.
8. I once wrote an essay in high school that got published and then I was awarded Georgia's "Woodman of the Year" Award and was inducted into the "Optimists Club of America"... I still have no clue what that award was all about or how they found out about me!
9. I love books and am trying to instill that love in my kids... to date they have each read over 2000 books in their lives (except Owen, he's still pretty young, and yes, for a few years I was keeping track - I love making lists, and this was a fun one to do!) and my kids have almost that many books on their shelves in the school room.
10. I like the way carpets look when they are freshly vacuumed - I like seeing the parallel lines declaring that each room is clean!
11. I love being pregnant - even the puking and getting enormous, and I also love the labor and deliver! Nothing good ever came without having to work for it. (And thank heavens I live in the time when epidurals are commonly given!)
12. When I was investigating the church and reading the Book of Mormon for the first time, I had a crush on Nephi... "...being large in stature..."
13. I know first hand that a wheelchair with a 90lb 19 year old girl will not stop sliding down a hill, toward on-comers or street lights, when there is too much snow on their wheels and too much ice on the sidewalks... it takes quick prayers and a muscular stranger at the bottom of the hill to catch you! (After that, you find different ways to get to your BYU classes in the wintertime and learn to avoid certain hills!)
14. I try to be as optimistic as I can no matter what the situation - there's no use wasting energy to be angry or sad or hurt in my opinion, it does absolutely no good!
15. I had a crush on Gilbert Blithe from Anne of Green Gables as a teenager.
16. I have a cadaver bone in one of my legs and coral in my other - I hoped they had given me some tall, fast basketball players bone so I could jump higher and run faster, but it seems as though they found another short, clumsy girl's bone to give me to match the rest of my body. And the coral didn't help me swim better either.
17. I love playing in the snow - we usually make a family of snowmen in our front yard and color them with colored water to look like each of us. But this year since I can't reach my toes, I found it hard to roll snow balls around the yard and so there are no snow people in our yard.
18. I cut my hair only about once a year to donate it to Locks of Love, and I always go back to the same hair style. I call it the Lois Lane cut because I started doing this in the 90's when the TV show Lois and Clark was big and it was the way Terri Hatcher had her hair.
Okay, so now that you have read my 18 random things, it is now time for me to tag you and for you to make a list of your own! Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 18 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Have fun!!
4 comments:
I enjoyed reading this! I am totally with you on #9, but not #11...well, the pregnancy. I also love labor and delivery!
#12 made me laugh - I didn't know you were a convert, you will have to tell me that story some time.
Alphabetizing is underrated!
Read your 18 random things...I discovered that some of them I already knew, but it was so much fun to read the ones that I had absolutely no clue on! I loved it! Thanks for sharing! We still need to find some time(after you've had the baby of course!) to get together. I really need to be better at updating my blogspot. Probably why I never really tell anyone about it!HA!!"
Love it. When you said you lettered in football I had to look around to see if this was Scott posting this or you. So many follow up questions to ask! Now we'll have some more conversation topics the next time we take you guys to Thai Chili Garden! SOON!
You should also mention that a 120lb 19 year old girl can do very little to control a wheelchair with a 90lb 19 year old girl on icy hills and sidewalks! Oh, the fun we had! :)
Post a Comment