* have seen Scott so interested in getting a little guy out. He has had me doing lunges at the stove while I was cooking, crawling on my hands and knees down the hallway (I made him do it with me so I wasn't the only silly one in the house who was crawling _ I went around and picked up all the scraps that needed to be vacuumed up, he just went along laughing at me...not cool!), walking on the treadmill or around the block or around the mall at every chance he got... anything he can think of to try and "help" me out... too bad all his ideas exhaust me!
* worked so hard trying to get one little guy out. We never had a time table with any of the other ones. This one we were trying to get him out in enough time for us to be able to put on a ward mapping party this coming up Saturday... but we are seeing the sand in the time bottle slip down through the neck quite quickly! It might come down to pop and ordering pizzas from Little Caesars instead of a homemade Thai dinner and dessert!
* gained this much weight with any of my pregnancies! I don't like this new feeling of my thighs touching... that maybe too much info, but there it is! I'm way worried about how the aftermath of it will be. But I am pulling a Scarlett O'Hara about this fact... I'll think about it tomorrow.
* tried curling my hair outwards - you can't see if too well from the picture, but my hair looks like the 1960's Doris Day sort of style... Scott said he liked it, so maybe I will play more with it sometimes... it seems sort of perky and bouncy, and out of the norm for me and every now and again it is nice to try changing things up.
* had to deal with such painful contractions for such a long time. I have been having those type of contractions that you can't think or talk through since just before 4 this morning. They aren't as often as the other contractions I was having yesterday, these ones are staying between 8-15 minutes apart instead of every 5, but man do they hurt! But that is good I suppose, doesn't that mean they are doing productive things?! I have an OB appointment tomorrow - we will see if I have changed any. Last week I was a 3+, 60% effaced, he was at a -2 station, and was fully engaged (although I told the midwife I didn't even know my baby was seeing anyone, more or less getting that serious with her!) We are hoping for some good news from her tomorrow, it would be a sad, sad day to find out all these painful contractions are not doing anything!
* wondered when to go to the hospital. Teagan and Owen were both induced, so they were planned trips, and Garrett was a stinker and I had contractions for so long with him (6 months) and had done the bed rest thing with him and just dealt with the constancy of contractions until the doctor told me to head to the hospital. So this is the first time I have actually done an actual laboring at home thing... sort of weird since this is my fourth time around, but I still feel like a first timer!
* have gone this long without having a name for a baby - he is still just Hoppy Erick. There is no consensus on either Duncan or Emmett. I don't know if we are waiting to see which he looks like, or if he has hair, or tanned skin... it might just boil down to a good ole fashioned game of Rock, Paper, Scissors!
2 comments:
I had to laugh at the description of you lunging and crawling around...hmmm, there is something else Scott could do to help...
I am sorry your contractions are so painful. I hope they are getting you and Hoppy closer to the goal. I wish you a wonderful labor, delivery and recovery!
I know how tough it is to gain so much weight. Rest assured, you can get through the aftermath. I gain WAY more than the "recommended 25-35 lb" range and lose it afterwards - and you don't look like you gained anything like what I did. I'm sure you'll be your usual svelte self soon enough!
What's a ward mapping party?
Good luck Kristina I hope everything goes good for you. We will be think of you let us know when the little guy get here.
Post a Comment