So off to the doctors we headed. It was a 1:50 appointment, but we ended up having to wait quite a while before being seen.
Emmett was very good about it at first. They wanted him stripped down to his diaper (one of his LEAST favorite things to do!) so I nursed him to keep him happy and swaddled him to keep him warm. (Two of his most favorite thingsto do!)
Life was going along well. I read a couple of books to him and Owen, and we had a couple of laughs.
Then he got bored of waiting. (Owen got bored as well, so he "sailed" on the nurse's stool back and forth around the room... lovely banging noises occurring every time his "breaks" didn't stop him in enough time before he hit the wall or the door!)
Then he decided to do one of his favorite things... suck on his fingers. This is a habit he had even at our 20 week visit. He was doing it on the ultrasound and we were warned that we were going to have a thumb-sucker on our hands... turns out he is a pointer finger sucker.
And my train of thought is that it will eventually be easier for me to break him of a pacifier habit than it would be to break him of a finger sucking habit... I can throw away pacifiers, fingers are a little harder to eliminate since chopping them off really doesn't seem like a great option! So I am trying to convince him to take a pacifier. It feels weird to be trying to get him attached to it, but I think in the long run it will be worth it!
When the doctor finally did come in she poked, prodded, and prescribed some eye drops. He was not thrilled to be there, to be naked, or to the way she had to take his temperature!
3 comments:
He is so beautiful. I hope his blocked duct clears up. It makes for eyes glued shut, which is no fun.
He is so darling! Both of my kids had this too. You have mail. :)
Oh, I love him. He is just perfect!!!! I am jealous that I am all the way in CA and can't hold him yet. Please give hima kiss and tell him that his wierd/cool California relatives.
Post a Comment