Today a lady from our home school group passed along a great LDS freebie that I wanted to pass along to as many people as I could as well. She e-mailed the group the link to follow to a free download of an entire year's worth of Family Home Evening lessons! The weekly lessons are based around the 2009 Primary Sharing Time and Sacrament Presentation Outline and consist of all church approved materials.
If you don't have a copy of the 2009 Outline in your homes already, I highly encourage you get one from the Distribution Center. They are free and are well worth the effort of getting one. They have the monthly goals of the primary, what the kids are learning, what song they are focusing on, and the monthly scripture and theme. We use them in school to have the kids memorize the scripture and theme and then I try to center our FHE lessons around the monthly theme in Primary - that way they kids are getting a lot of the same ideas all month long. And this way, now I have a lesson for every week of the year without having to try hard to pull one together!
The lessons are already planned with the scripture, layout, stories, activities, and sometimes a suggested snack to go along with the lesson! It will be easy for my two older kids to just get the weekly lesson and they will be able to do FHE themselves. I am very excited about it! Some of the lessons have a little bit of prep work necessary, but none of them that I saw were anything too time consuming or difficult.
The file is a larger file - it has almost 130 pages to it, but it is well worth the download time to get it. The lessons are well put together and so simple! It did take me a little bit of time to print it all out, but that was because I wanted it preinted on front and backs, so I altered some of the page spacings, and I made extra copies of the hand out pages (like coloring pages or crosswords or such), and I put some on colored cardstock (there were some that were game boards, or playing peices), and a plethora of other reasons! It ended up making a very pretty little stack of papers and I three hole punched them and put them in a 3-ring binder for easy access. Some of the pages are in plastic sheet protectors, and some will be in ziploc bags (like a matching game for one of the lesson's activities). Most of the lessons are geared for younger kids, but teens can help teach the lessons, and there are activities throughout it for them as well.
So follow this link and download it yourself and you will be so glad you did! And after you open your file and love it, pass it along to other families you know that would appreciate getting a free year's worth of pre-planned FHE lessons! It is sort of one of those "pay it forward" sort of things!
1 comment:
Thanks Kris. This will work great for us. Hope you are doing well and that u pop soon.
Post a Comment