
As of today Scott and I have been married for 11 years! Which explains the picture of our hand prints at the top of our blog. We've made it past the first decade of our marriage and are still going as strong as ever. In honor of that, I thought that I would post some pictures of Scott and I from our first 11 years... they were hard to find, and very few since both Scott and I detest being in front of the camera.
These are some pictures from when we were engaged. Doesn't Scottie look so young? I used to call him "Scottie the Hottie" and you can see why! This was when I was 19 and he was 22!
These are from our wedding. We were married at the Atlanta Georgia Temple - a cold, gray day, but we were happy all the same! This was the first and only time we have had every member of both sides of our family in the same room at one time!
This is us as a new mom and dad - that is baby Teagan with her head full of hair!
Here we are with Teagan and baby Garrett on Brass Town Bald in Georgia in 2001
You know how at some point during your pregnancy or post partum you go kind of crazy? Well, here is evidence of my post-partum craziness that made me try a new hairstyle - one I will never try again! I don't have the attitude to pull off this style! We also posed with Teagan and Garrett for family pictures at this time, but I couldn't find a little copy of one. This was in 2002.

Here is my mountain man - he loves growing his beard out! It is one of the things he dislikes about working at BYU.
When Owen was born a friend offered to do family pictures for us, so this is us with 2 week old Owen in 2004
Then, when Owen was 2 months old, we moved to Utah. Here is our family as we crossed the Texas border and stopped for another potty/stretch your legs break!
Us playing at Gunnisen Lake in 2006.
In 2007 after Teagan's baptism - what's up with the men in my family in this picture - they all have weird looks on their faces, and this was the best picture of the bunch! And does that dress look familiar? I am wearing it in our engagement pictures as well! I love that dress!
A family picture at Thanksgiving of 2007 with Grandma and Grandpa.
This was me torturing them by having a formal picture done in 2007. It had been 5 years since our last one so I figured it was about time. He and Owen DID NOT want to be there!
This is one of Scottie's favorite pictures - we have a copy of it on the wall in the hallway and he's often wondered if it would confuse a firefighter who came to clear the house and only found one little blonde boy instead of two!
Us this past year at Thanksgiving Point at a home school field trip. I asked a complete stranger to take a picture of us because it was so rare that we had the opportunity - she was kind enough to do it, and in return I took some pictures of her family on her camera.
Now our most recent family picture - as with our four wonderful kiddos.
I love this man more than I can say. He is a wonderful provider for our family - a fierce defender of what he believes - a strong supporter of my decisions - a strength for me when I need him - a encourager for me in times of weakness - a loving daddy to our kids. I love hearing him laugh and seeing him smile. I love hearing the excitement in the kids voices when he comes home from work and they all run up to greet him. I even love hearing Owen crying for him when he is in trouble or hurt - it shows how close he is to his daddy. I love how hard he works to make sure I can stay home with the kids, and how he supports me home schooling them. I love hearing him call me by name, holding his hand in the car, when he opens the car door for me, and IM-ing with him on the computer when he is at work. He is just a great guy that works hard for the family he loves...and we love him for it.
These 11 years have really flown by and have been a breeze... I am excited to see what comes in our second decade together!




5 comments:
I'm totally impressed that after three kiddos you can still wear the dress you wore in your engagement pictures. A.Maz.Ing
Congrats on 11 years. We celebrate 20 in October! Woo Hoo.
Congratulations! I love all the pictures. What a sweet tribute to a great dad and husband!
I love all your pictures! Good times - and I kind of hate you for not ageing AT ALL since 19!!
Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I forgot it? I'm not good at remembering dates besides birthdays. Loved the blog, though. Great pictures. You looked like a little girl when you got married. Also want to tell you how proud I am of you both. I'm glad that you are so happy together. I wish I had what you two have, but I'm so very pleased that you found each other. You're good for each other!!!
Happy Anniversary! You've made a beautiful family together!
Post a Comment