Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Emmett is 2 weeks old!



I told my mom that I would take a lot of pictures of Emmett and post them for her to see, so here is a post that will be mostly pictures! The kids and I "played" picture day with Emmett today, and I really liked the way some of them came out... well, I love all of them because he is my baby, even the ones where he had scrunched eyes or spit-up in the corner of his mouth, but some were really fun!



We started with his clothes on, and he was somewhat okay with that... he really would have rathered stay in his swaddling, but he was still okay with just taking pictures as long as I didn't bother him too much. But when I stripped him down to his diaper, well then he was not as thrilled to be my photo subject. It took a little bit to convince him that it was okay to be naked down the diaper before he would let me play with him some more. But in the end, I think I got a couple of good shots of him. I need to decide which ones I want to print off to hang up now!


So pardon the overload of pictures, but we had a fun photo shoot today, and I want to show them off to those who can't see Emmett in person but still want to see him growing. He is already starting to "fluff" up... all my babies do! There's no skim milk for them - straight, fat-filled milk is all I make! I am at the edge of missing that "newborn" look for Emmett, he is getting fluffy enough to look like a well-established baby.





So here are more pictures than anyone bargained for! Enjoy! (Mom, just let me know which ones you like and I can either e-mail them to you or make you a cd and mail it off to you if you want to print some off for yourself.)





































4 comments:

John and Jamie said...

He looking just like his daddy. You have one cute little boy. I love how he allready smile like a big boy. I hate that they grow way to fast. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures! I really like the ones with his eyes open. I like the first two, one on the black background, with him "nekked" with the smile and the one of him on your shoulder. Could you send those to me? What a cutie! Thanks for the picture of his little toes and his fingers wrapped around yours. Those were sweet. Nice to see those little toes.
(also liked your new heading on the blog-but what's with the hand with only 4 fingers? Did you lose one and not tell me?)

the quirky one said...

Thanks, I love these pictures too! And yes I do have 5 fingers still! You just can't see the thumb super great! It was REALLY cold when Scott and I did this! We had been sledding all day and were already chilled, and then I decided I wanted to take this picture and had us hold our frozen hands on the cold, cold snow for a minute trying to melt our handprints in. Scott got a little impatient and that is why he has a crack around his hand - he tried pressing his hand into the snow to make the impression and it cracked the top layer. I meant to photoshop it out, but got lazy (or busy, whatever!)

Vivian Logsdon said...

Emmett is sooooo cute! I wish I was there to love him up!