The next picture of Teagan and Emmett comes from our newest past time - bike riding and park hopping. In an effort to get our family healthier, we have been trying to take a bike ride each evening. Usually we try to ride to a park somewhere nearby and then let the kids play for a bit before biking back home. This park in the pictures is about a mile and half away and the kids had a fun time playing there. This is the first time Emmett has gone down the slides with the bigger kids. He loved sitting at the top in their arms, but the going down part was not as great for him! His eyes would get really large and he would frantically search out where my face was to make sure everything was okay! It was sort of funny, at least from my side of the emotional roller coaster! I even let him slide down about a foot and a half of one all by himself while Tig held onto him. The moving part made him very nervous, but as soon as he stopped moving, he smiled and giggled!
We now also ride our bikes everyday at lunchtime to a local school for the kids to eat lunch there. They are thrilled to finally get to go through a lunch line like "regular" kids do. Teagan got her first dose of lunch line drama today when the lunch lady got onto the girl in front of her for forgetting to grab her milk and then having to come back to get it after she had already left the line. When we sat down at a table Teagan told me that she will never forget her milk because if she does, she doesn't want to have to face that lunch lady! Welcome to public school life, Tig!The other pictures were just some good ones of the boys - I love the one of Owen - he is sitting in the bathtub, but his little face looks so angelic... if only. And the one of Garrett is an actual smile of his, not one of his pretend, I'm-standing-in front-of-a-camera smiles. And it makes him seem so calm and relaxed, which he very rarely is: it's all movement, all the time with this kid!
Since posting the teaser blog, Emmett has learned a couple of new things. The first of which was the wonderful discovery of his cute little feet! He stares at them a lot and tries to pull them to his mouth to suck on them as well as his fingers (still no true luck getting him on the paci instead!) I love seeing him stare at his feet. It was funny this past Sunday when I put shoes on him and he got so confused as to where his feet had gone off to. He kept looking and looking and had this puzzled look on his face. It almost made me feel guilty for putting socks and shoes on him.
His second trick is that he learned to sit up all by himself. He thinks that life is so much more interesting from the vantage point of sitting now and wants to do it all the time. The kids were playing with Scott's Rokenboks the other day and Emmett was enthralled watching the RC trucks driving around him. That made the kids even more tickled that they began to purposefully drive around him! I put the boppy around him just in case he decided to get a bit tipsy, but he does really good sitting! He starts to slump after 4-5 minutes, but he is a strong sitter for a lot longer than I thought he should be at 4 months old! (like the laundry in the back of the pictures? Lovely, eh?!)
He also has decided that he loves being in the Johnny-jumper we have hanging in our dining room/living room doorway! I think it is the whole vantage point thing again :-) He is such a bouncy little guy in it and the kids love to sit on the floor near him and play with him - Owen especially!
I love how his little curls stand out in these pictures!
This weekend we went to the Utah Lake Festival and learned about a cool fish called the June Sucker. They only live in this one lake and there are less than 1000 of them left; so they are really endangered. Utah is cleaning its lake of the 300 tons (or some other astronomical amount...I don't really remember the amount, only that it was A LOT!) of carp that live there now who are part of the reason that this June Sucker fish is dying out. We thought they looked pretty neat! They are called "June Suckers" because they are bottom suckers and they lay their eggs in June... now you have a useless fact in your head! Your welcome!

3 comments:
Thank you, thank you for the new blog entry! I LOVED the new pictures of the kids. The one of Teagan at her awards ceremony shows what a pretty little girl she is. So fresh and innocent and sweet as can be! And the picture of Owen- the black and white one -- WOW! What a beautiful face! And the ones of Emmett laughing in his little jumpy thingee -- so adorable! And of course, Garrett's always a cutie! It sounds like you guys have had a pretty full couple of weeks. It's so great that you are taking scenic routes thru the Utah countryside. And Kris, I LOVE the tree pictures. They are gorgeous; but you know how I love treees. The Aspens are so striking!
Cool pictures Congrs to Teagan. That great accomplishment. and your little guy I can't get over how big he is getting time really does fly. Is he really old enough to be sitting up that crazy. Well Love the pictures.
Amazing photos of your kids and the Utah scenery. You sure know how to have fun. I like the bike riding expeditions. We used to do those a lot and I miss them the most.
Post a Comment