My baby!
Here is Emmett at two days old with a really wonky smile...
...and here he is two years old sporting a just as wonky of a smile!
For his birthday we had all his favorite foods: pasta, pepperoni, black olives, and cheese, we also had mini soda pop cans of root beer, Cheetos twistie things, and bar-b-que chips. He thought he was in heaven with the pop and the cheetos!
And (since he learned at Christmas) this year he got into the hang of opening his gifts!
Teagan and Garrett bought him a little plane, we gave him a pre-school car racetrack thing, and Owen bought him a color changing boat.
We didn't take a picture on this camera of his birthday cake, we took it with the little camera whose cord Scott can't find... so no pictures of the almond cake his Daddy made for him, or the jell-o cake with jell-o cars on top that he made either :-( If I ever do find that cord, I'm going to have some great pictures to add, though! Which is why his actual birthday was a couple of weeks ago, yet I am just now getting around to posting about it... darn cord!
He gave us the thumbs up for his birthday!
It seems like it wasn't all that long ago that I sat in the hospital bed memorizing every aspect of my new little man and I took this picture of him... Two years passes by too quickly! I love him so much and remember that very first day with him. I didn't know then how funny he was going to grow up to be, or how fierce of a lover he would be. I didn't see the sweetness that would be his whole personality or the cuddle bug he would become. Back then he was a stranger to me, and in some senses, he still is.. he'll continue to change and to surprise us with the person he will become, but the person he is now is so much more wonderful than I ever imagined! He really is such a wonderful little guy - easy going, full of love and laughter, a fierce friend and defender, truly lovable!
All that was hiding in this puffy little face!
Here are some statistics on him, just for posterity sake!
favorite color: blue - because he can say it and pick it out
favorite foods: dry hot chocolate mix, pepperoni, cheese, cottage cheese, popsicles, lollipops, cereal, rice, salad, noodles, cream of wheat, oatmeal, dilly beans, soups, beans, oranges, water with stevia
least favorite foods: meat, bacon, plain milk, grape juice
favorite animal: frogs, bears, horses
favorite toys: boats, planes, trains, cars, his trike and Owen's scooter, his two baby dolls, bubbles
favorite bedtime songs: You Are My Sunshine, and I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home
words he can say: I lost count, lots of them, but only 2-3 word sentences
favorite way to go to sleep: cuddling with mommy singing songs in mommy's bed
naps? YES! mandatory nap time every day! at least one a day keeps him happiest
least favorite thing to do: wait for Popsicle time!
favorite movie: The Princess Frog, The Letter Factory
favorite cartoon: Diego, Dinosaur Train, Thomas the Tank Engine
favorite things to do: play outside, bath time, go bye-bye, follow whatever Owen is doing, be with Daddy, watch cartoons, be silly, make people laugh
favorite book: anything with a train, an animal, lift-the-flaps, or whatever he can get us to it down and read him!
1 comment:
He is so handsome! We hope you guys are doing well :)
Post a Comment