I thought for sure that I would have a baby in my arms by now, but he is still cooking away inside!
It makes you wonder how mandatory those eight weeks of bed rest and medication were. I suppose you could look at it as though they just did a REALLY good job of stopping contractions because now they won't start back up again :-)
At my appointment last week I was told that I am 50% effaced and 1.5 centimeters dilated -which sounds good and all, but she followed it up with, "but with this being your fifth baby, you could stay like this for another month or so." Which totally let all the air out of my happiness balloon!
So we have no new news to report...no new baby to hold... and no new name decided. Apparently we still have time to make that decision. And since this is a Fife baby, he is probably just being as hard headed and stubborn as the rest of the family and is going to wait around until the week of his due date before he makes his grand entrance. That's what Garrett did too. I was on bed rest with him for too many contraction and then once I was taken off, he waited until the day before his due date before he finally arrived.
He turned out to be a good kid despite that early stubborn streak, so I guess there is hope for Sparky still.
All the same, Teagan was two weeks late, Owen was two weeks early, and they both came to me healthy, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early arrival rather than a late one!
1 comment:
BOO!!! Baby, it's time to come OUT!
I love you sweetie! Text me when it's time!!
Post a Comment