Monday, December 5, 2011

Too much Phineas and Ferb around here!

This story will probably only amuse those of you who have ever seen an episode of the Disney cartoon Phineas and Ferb; and if you have never seen one, I highly recommend that you do. It is a great cartoon with wonderful ideas, quipy lines, and great songs :-) My kids love it, and both Scott and I enjoy it as well. And for Scott to like it, that tells you that it must be good!

The other day, while Owen and I were running some errands together, he had me cracking up in the front seat with what was pouring from his imagination. Daddy had left his bag of grapefruit gummies on the dash and I had already passed two back to Owen for him to enjoy. He asked for another and I told him, no, that we needed to save the last couple for Daddy.

His reply was, "this is going to be a back story some day, Mom."

I thought about that for a minute trying to figure out what in the world he was talking about.

Me: "A what?"

Him: "A back story. You know, like, 'it all started when I was only seven years old and I asked for a third grapefruit gummy and my mom told me no. I so desperately wanted one last one, and that is why I created this candy attractinator. With one press of this button, all the candy will come flying to me. It will take the candy from clowns; and from children;...and from clown children. "

He kept on going for a solid 5 minutes, playing his own episode of Phineas and Ferb, with him being Professor Duffinshmirtz.

I love that funny little boy!

No comments: