First off, we need a little background info to set the stage... The first background info needed to get the full humor of the situation is that my kids LOVE the Liken the Scriptures movies. These are really cute movies about some of the scripture stories and are also musicals ~ two of our favorite things. If you haven't seen them yet, you really should try them out. Just make sure you give them a second (and maybe even a third) chance - the musicals are quite cheesy and the first time you see them they aren't as catchy as the next times around. We watch these movies a lot, especially the David and Goliath one because it is Owen's favorite.
The second piece of vital info is that my kids' have a cousin, Nephi, who is in the MTC (the Missionary Training Center where the young men go to get training to be missionaries for our church) right now who is getting ready to leave soon for a mission to the Phillipeans.
So last week during sacrament meeting I had Teagan and Garrett write him letters to send him some support and love. He is having a tough time learning Tagalog, so I thought this might cheer him up. I passed them some mailers to write on and when I couldn't find any pencils in my church bag, I gave them both pens ~ something I rarely de because they can't correct their handwriting or gramatical errors. They went right to work writing their letters and did a great job. We especially loved what Garrett had to say, so here is a picture of his below. It made both Scott and I laugh, and I had to make a copy of it before sending it to Nephi! I think having the kids write him letters to cheer him up was the right idea - if he finds it anywhere near as humorous as I did, his day will be a lot brighter for sure!
2 comments:
I skipped right to the note and had to go back and read why Garrett was writing to Nephi about going to Phillistines.
So cute. I hope it cheered Nephi up. It cheered me up.
What a sweetie!! I know it will cheer Nephi up!
(What DO they speak in the Phillistines, anyway?)
;-)
Post a Comment