
During this phase of development my current apartment complex seems to be rapidly growing to accommodate the growth rate of its current tenant. I am at the same point now that I was when I evicted Teagan almost 10 years ago - which doesn't bode well for the fact that the biggest growth of this current occupant has yet to come!
So far, I am maintaining proper water pressure within my unit and have not been retaining any extra liquids. Although I have noticed a decrease in my internal potential to hold fluids and have been making more frequent bathroom trips, but that is to be expected, especially since the occupant is now replacing the amniotic fluid he is constantly swimming in on an hourly basis ~ and since he decided he likes to play a round of bladder ball every so often. I have occasionally experienced unwarranted leaks when emotional surges come and I break into tears because either the pantry door won't close properly or the commercial on t.v. was about a baby or it is a day ending in "y", but that is also to be expected, I suppose!
We do have some exciting news in the area of the electrical department. We have gone all week without having any blackout, just a couple of brownouts - which could have led to a complete blackout but we were able to stave them off in proper time. The temporary overseers of the property have implemented a (grueling) regimen of constant protein and fluid intake that seem to be doing the trick of preventing the blackouts that had become a fairly common occurrence. As if watching myself expand at such a rapid rate wasn't enough, add to that eating every hour and you have the perfect recipe for making one feel like a great big, brown-eyed bovine! But, it seems to be working, so all I can say is....moo.
I don't go back to see my temporary overseers for another 2 weeks, so I don't know how Hoppy is measuring, so I will just post the stats of where he should be, but I believe that he is probably about 4 weeks ahead of schedule at this point.During this week in the building development he should be measuring in at the 2 pound mark and fully stretched out he would be just over 14" tall. He put on some fat inside his boney infrastructure, but he won't start putting on his fluffy fat for another few weeks. He worked on learning to breathe this week by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluids - this was to help his lungs be ready when he is born to inflate with air, which he could do on his own now if he did happen to come right now. His noise sensitivity has increased and he responds more to loud sounds than before. He can also cry at this point, although I don't know how that is known!
But his eyes are no longer sealed shut and he is practicing blinking and moving his eyes more and his retinas are fully developed. So he can see if it is really light outside or when it is dark (although I am pretty sure that he can't see anything through the four layers of clothing I pile ontop of him!)He also gained the ability to move his head completely up and down and side to side, so he now has the potential to say "yes" and "no", although his opinion won't be valid for quite a long while!
So there is this week's construction update. Actual development is still unknown, so all information given is approximate and could vary.
3 comments:
So fun to read. You are cracking me up. You are great at writing. Ever think of taking up being an author, or that already a hobby of yours?
It will be exciting to get the actual development specs.
Thank, Klin. I don't think I am that great at writing, but I do like to think out of the box, and I guess that comes out in the way I write sometimes :-)
I'm pleased to see construction is continuing well...a little worried about the brown-outs!
(P.S. What are you guys doing Thanksgiving week? Going away or staying put?)
Post a Comment